16 hours ago, andremichel said:

What to expect?

The short answer, not too much.

If you are an average contributor then roughly 0.2 dollars net per year per image, or 200 dollars  per year for 1000.

If you are a top 1% contributor then several multiples of that.

If you are a bottom 1% contributor then expect almost nothing.

Bit on the low side, surely? - I'd say more like a dollar a year per image (but that's gross, of course)

1 hour ago, Alex Ramsay said:

Bit on the low side, surely? - I'd say more like a dollar a year per image (but that's gross, of course)

A dollar a year gross would imply alamy's turnover was 125 million dollars a year when in fact it is only £20million. 

I would suggest that excluding newbies looking for help, most forum regulars are well above average.

14 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

It was about $1.10 (gross) per image for me last year.

About the same for me.  It's a little difficult to calculate precisely as I went from about 3800 to 4900 images over the year.  More detailed figures are available here.  Make of them what you will.

1 hour ago, John Richmond said:

About the same for me.  It's a little difficult to calculate precisely as I went from about 3800 to 4900 images over the year.  More detailed figures are available here.  Make of them what you will.

For me, 2017 was about $1.66 per image (gross)

How many total images do you have in your library?

About how many images do you sell on an average month?

2014=57  
2015=63  
2016=57  
2017=64  

Do you list your images as RM, RF or a mix of both?

90% RM & 10% RF

Are your images exclusive to Alamy?

Yes

Hi

. 2400+ images

. 2 to 3 per months

. Not enough :)

. 90%-10% and few as exclusive 

I am on Alamy since a while but I started to upload pics only since a year and half. The sales were not regular and start to be after few months. I will advice to keep uploading frequently, check to submit in Live News as well (increase your visibility?) and try to marketing your pictures (more than 100 millions are on Alamy database). I am based in the Middle East and they are a lot of restrictions to take pictures.

the question is how to make sure your pictures are more visible than the others? I trying to use the social media for this like Twitter. Any suggestions for this btw?

enjoy your day

average sales per month 0.8
average per sale $190 gross
average per image $1.54
mostly RM
mostly, and soon to be totally, exclusive to Alamy
opted out of and then back into distribution
not in UK newspaper scheme

Archived