?¿ src-img plugin doesn't work anymore

Perhaps there's more to it than simply broken/fixed. It worked just now to help me find the images just discussed in images sold in January. Maybe in some circumstances it picks up text as well as the image? Dunno.

I wonder if it might depend where you are in the world. Although I live and work in The UK, my company's internet gateway is in Amsterdam. This means that when I am logged into the corporate VPN/network, the internet thinks I am in Amsterdam. And Google Image Search hasn't worked for me all day... until I logged off the corporate VPN and started using my home internet connection without a VPN. So at this point, the internet thinks I am in The UK (which I am) and Google Image Search miraculously started working!

Mine still isn't working & I'm in the UK, saying best guess for my image is Liverpool, yeah FH5GWM  is Liverpool, but the matching images etc aren't anywhere the same, seems like its picking up keywords or tags, rather than the image.

Has anyone tried anything that makes it work?

Chris

18 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

It does seem very variable- I had assumed it was because Google just hadn't indexed the images in question. But the results for the same image certainly can be different on different days.

+1

19 minutes ago, stipe said:

Any other reasonably working alternative to Google images which is not tineye?

Stefano

Travel Photographer

Have you tried changing the date range? When it didn't work for me I reduced the time period to 'past month' and 'past year' to reduce the spammed results, but found that it inadvertently brought back the thumbnails.

43 minutes ago, Avpics said:

Have you tried changing the date range? When it didn't work for me I reduced the time period to 'past month' and 'past year' to reduce the spammed results, but found that it inadvertently brought back the thumbnails.

Yes, I tried the same day you suggested and actually it worked ... but just on that day only. Since then all my uploaded pictures are automatically searched by text instead of an image doesn't matter which date range you select. This is frustrating as Tineye or other similar programs are not working well as Google Images (did).

Stefano

Travel Photographer

• 1 month later...

It (Google reverse image search) wasn't working for me yesterday. I did a reboot (for a different reason) this morning, and just tried it again and it's fine. No idea if the reboot played any part. Using latest Chrome (64.0.3282.186) on Mac Sierra.

Mark

I had a problem earlier today with GIS. It returned text and no images again. I haven't tried since, don't know if it's fixed.

Gen

Archived