Am I the only one that can't get the Alamy search function to work in AIM?

For example, if I put an Alamy reference number into the search box from any tab (like sales history) the search changes from "all images" to "footage" and so no images show up.

If I try a search from the AIM dashboard the search function doesn't respond at all.

Only if I go to the Alamy home page can I get a search to work.

What's with that?

I'm on FF as well, but I don't think I'veencountered the problem that you describe. However, I do notice that when I enter an Alamy ref ID in the Search box on top of my "Summary of items sold" page, I get zero results. I have to go to the Alamy homepage in order to find images using ref ID's.

That is the sales history page I was mentioning.  The same happens to me for all pages in AIM with an alamy search box.

It doesn't matter for me what I put in the box - it reverts to footage.  So if there is footage for the search term, results are presented.  Otherwise, nothing.

John, when you get zero results, can you check to see if the "all Images" drop down has changed to "footage"?

If I try to click the "all images" drop down even before searching, there is no response.

4 minutes ago, Reimar said:

That is the sales history page I was mentioning.  The same happens to me for all pages in AIM with an alamy search box.

It doesn't matter for me what I put in the box - it reverts to footage.  So if there is footage for the search time, results are presented.  Otherwise, nothing.

John, when you get zero results, can you check to see if the "all Images" drop down has changed to "footage"?

If I try to click the "all images" drop down even before searching, there is no response.

Yup, it does change to footage. Something's amiss for sure.

I use Firefox and can't get the alamy search box to work when I'm in the customer search results (either my own or All of Alamy).

Edit- I just checked the search when I'm in the sales report window and I also get it switching to "Footage" and 0 results, like the OP.

Well, let's see what CR says.  Here's what I wrote:

Hi.  I wanted to let you know that the search function in AIM does not work from my browser of choice – Firefox.

I also tried to use the search box in Internet Explorer with the same result.

The search box at the top of the page of my Dashboard is inactive.  Clicking the drop down “all image” tab or entering a search term and clicking the magnifying glass search button produces no response.

The search bar at the top of the page for “account balance”, “sales history” or one of the measures tabs (“your images” or “all of alamy”) produces a different result.

The “all images” tab is still inactive, but placing a search term and clicking search does produce a response.  Unfortunately, the response is that the “all images” tab is automatically changed and frozen to “footage”.

That means no search results will be returned unless the search term is relevant for footage.  Not what I want.  For example a search for an alamy image reference number will produce 0 results.

Can your IT team please fix this?

Thanks

Reimar Gaertner

If you're on the Sales History page, at the very top left is the alamy logo followed in small print

"117,762,298  stock photos, vectors and videos"
Just below this is a search box.  It's empty white space, and at the right of this the term "all images" with a drop down twisty (that doesn't work).  To the right of this is a magnifying glass that activates the search (but doesn't - it activates a search for footage only).
What are you seeing?

1 hour ago, Reimar said:

If you're on the Sales History page, at the very top left is the alamy logo followed in small print

Just below this is a search box.  It's empty white space, and at the right of this the term "all images" with a drop down twisty (that doesn't work).  To the right of this is a magnifying glass that activates the search (but doesn't - it activates a search for footage only).
What are you seeing?

I thought you meant searching for your own files. Sorry.

Indeed, that is what I usually use the search function for.  In the "download sales report" tab I like to see invoices as they come in.  But to see the picture of the sale, I need to copy the alamy reference number into the search box to bring the image up and make edits to the file if I want to.  I can no longer do this because this search box doesn't work anywhere within AIM.

• 3 weeks later...

Just to wrap this up:

After IT made some changes to the dashboard, the switch to footage is no longer a problem.  Now clicking search on the dashboard, in Account Balance, Sales History, Alamy Measures, or Download Sales report produces no result or response.  Contributor relations tell me IT can not duplicate this problem in Firefox Quantum, and no one else has complained about this.  So it looks like it's just me.  Not a big deal, I can work around this by opening the Alamy home page to search.  More of a nuisance when things don't work as they should.

11 hours ago, Reimar said:

Just to wrap this up:

After IT made some changes to the dashboard, the switch to footage is no longer a problem.  Now clicking search on the dashboard, in Account Balance, Sales History, Alamy Measures, or Download Sales report produces no result or response.  Contributor relations tell me IT can not duplicate this problem in Firefox Quantum, and no one else has complained about this.  So it looks like it's just me.  Not a big deal, I can work around this by opening the Alamy home page to search.  More of a nuisance when things don't work as they should.

You are not alone.  I have the same problem when using Firefox on my Mac.  I can only do alamy searches through the Alamy home page.

I don't have Firefox Quantum, I would need to update by OS first.

On 11/9/2017 at 23:06, Reimar said:

What are you seeing?

Late to the party, but I've just followed those steps in Chrome and everything works as it should. 

Archived