Summer returns to UK - where you been to today

Lovely summer day here in South East England - blue skies, fluffy white clouds.  After a couple of weeks of pretty indifferent weather used the opportunity for a stock trip into London.  Went to the Moorgate/Barbican area.  Used to work there 30 or so years ago.  The Barbican residential area looked much as I remembered it but really surprised at how much Whitecross Street market (apparently one of London's oldest) has changed.  Used to be a traditional street market, now a thriving lunchtime food market.  Good trip - don't know why its taken me so long to revisit.

7 hours ago, Cryptoprocta said:

Took my camera to Edinburgh, but it rained for a lot of today and was heavy overcast the rest of the time.

But bad weather is not an excuse to stop shooting stock. This one of my mine appeared in The Times.

snowstorm-woman-in-blue-with-umbrella-no

That said bad weather does make me reluctant to take my camera out :( The weather this summer has been rather mixed (to say the least) so apart from a day in the N. York moors visiting family I have stayed close to home.

Spent the day at The Garden House, Buckland Monachorum, the superb 10 acre garden where I'm a volunteer and a substantial amount of my plant portraits are taken. But no time for photography.  Timesheets and other IT related work.  Benefits have costs. :)

When you posted the thread I was in my back garden photographing the Red Arrows. I live close to Norwich Airport and the Arrows were based there for their part in the Clacton Air Show. It's always quite spectacular when they return as they do their vertical climb and splay out on the way down and circle the Airport prior to landing. This day was great - a clear blue sky and lots of fun if only for a short time.

Jim :)

12 hours ago, Martin P Wilson said:

But bad weather is not an excuse to stop shooting stock. This one of my mine appeared in The Times.

snowstorm-woman-in-blue-with-umbrella-no

That said bad weather does make me reluctant to take my camera out :( The weather this summer has been rather mixed (to say the least) so apart from a day in the N. York moors visiting family I have stayed close to home.

True, and congrats on the sale.

My camera, however,  tends to seize for a couple of hours even if it's humid and not even raining.

Archived