Can't log on with Chrome

Can't log on to to Alamy, or to the forum with Chrome + win 7. Was fine 4 hours ago, but not now. Can however, do a search using Chrome from the login page. Using Opera right now & can log on to both without problem. Anyone else having this issue?

I absolutely can't log in to my dashboard on Chrome, Mac. Like you, I get the home page and can search.

i have to use Firefox to access My Dashboard.

It's been like this for days. With Chrome, it won't accept my log in info.

I don't think the problem is on our end. There's too many of us griping, and the mess started after the forum being down and worked on.  Yet others are having no problem.

Betty

5 hours ago, cbimages said:

Can't log on to to Alamy, or to the forum with Chrome + win

7. Was fine 4 hours ago, but not now. Can however, do a search using Chrome from the login page. Using Opera right now & can log on to both without problem. Anyone else having this issue?

Oh yes! Can't log in right now on my laptop using the same combination as you, only if using Mozilla Firefox.

Also, sometimes I'm happily logged in doing things when I get a pop-up 'Can't contact Capcha - check your Internet connection'. Eh??

Gen

Not limited to Chrome, Safari for me... I've had to download Firefox to use if I want to login to Alamy.... don't use it for anything else.

Another annoying thing. When you're viewing the Forums and want to return to the Main Alamy site, you used to be able to click on the Alamy logo at the top (radical I know) and it would take you there. Now, it just takes you to the main forum screen..... the same as clicking on "Forum Home". They seem to be introducing more bugs than ever. I dread to think how many new clients (or even existing ones) have just given in with the login screens when creating / accessing their accounts!

I am managing to log in with Safari on my Mac but it's not straight forward and doesn't work reliably.  The main problem I'm finding is trying to log in on my iPad or iPhone.  Those stupid photos are poor and too small to see clearly sometimes so I just end up going round in a loop before the whole thing freezes up.  I had to shut my phone down yesterday to clear it then start again.  

As Duncan suggested above, how many clients are being lost through this?

Come on Alamy.  Surely you can do better than this.

Pearl

40 minutes ago, Pearl said:

The main problem I'm finding is trying to log in on my iPad or iPhone.  Those stupid photos are poor and too small to see clearly sometimes so I just end up going round in a loop before the whole thing freezes up.  I had to shut my phone down yesterday to clear it then start again.  

Does this help? See my posting

Hi All

If I have to click another image of an out of focus sign ill go mad you can't log in on your iPhone or iPad and even on my Mac it took 2 attempts clicking on signs.

Come on alma sort this out .

Jon

The Captcha thing is ridiculous, I'm on windows 7 & Chrome and after putting in my password the captcha has come up three times in total, twice just now first after logging in to Alamy & now again, for the forum, It worked straight away yesterday, but today it's being difficult! 

Also, the fact you have to go to contact us, then click on Alamy is stupid!

Yet more trauma from Alamy in 2017 why?

Although I already reported the problems I'm having with logging in, I decided to jump in again as it was a new one on me this morning. So just in order to report it, I had to log on to the Forum, going twice full circle and selecting a temple as 'Castle' ?

Anyway, here I am to moan again. The split second I click on 'login', I get 'cannot contact CAPCHA'. Then I was asked to select cars in the squares. Yeah I thought, 3 neat cars slap bang in the middle of squares, no sticking out, no dispute. As soon as I clicked on the squares, not only the images were not selected, but they all changed!! Verify box disappeared, I had to close the session and start all over again ???

This is Safari on iPad by the way.

gen

Forever, I've used Safari to log onto Alamy on my Mac. I can get the home page, but nothing else. Just doesn't work. 

I can use Safari on my iPad, and it works. Sometimes I have to do the pictures, but so far (knock on wood) I've not been shut out on the iPad.

But I don't upload from my iPad. That's Mac work. 

Firefox works on my Mac, but I should be able to use my browser of choice. Why has everything been made difficult?

So much for speed. So much for smooth.  What has been changed to cause this? Is it Captcha keeping Safari from working? 

Does Safari have a security weakness concerning Alamy?

I can accept change if it's logical and I'm informed.

Betty

Could this be just a security measure against the recent ransomware outbreaks?

Still strange that Firefox was not affected for some time, but now it's on FF too.

Also strange that I do not have to click images to get to the main Alamy pages, just for access to the forum.

wim

Archived