Partially Failed Uploads

I have been uploading for about 3 years now and have never had a partially failed upload due to processing errors.

That is until recently.  I have just had 6 uploads that have partially failed due to processing errors.  All failed images have uploaded on the 2nd attempt without problems.

My broadband connection is very fast and I am not aware of any other problems.

Any suggestions?

Thanks John

Not all that much you can do, John. Interruptions can happen during an upload, as well as uploader and other problems at Alamy can cause an error - it's frustrating but not your fault.

Dave

Not all that much you can do, John. Interruptions can happen during an upload, as well as uploader and other problems at Alamy can cause an error - it's frustrating but not your fault.

Dave

Many thanks Dave.  It just seemed odd that after 3 years I should start getting these glitches. 

I haven't changed PC, camera, workflow or internet provider so wondered if a setting had changed.  I've noticed that the report changes from 23 hours to 24 hours if there has been an upload problem.  Then it's up to a week before QC report comes up with the images that defaulted.  At least the report is in Orange and not Red!

Regards

John

This has happened to me 4 times since 2012, never before. It's a minor inconvenience. Since nothing on earth is perfect, I just shrug my shoulders and move on. 

I have been uploading for about 3 years now and have never had a partially failed upload due to processing errors.

That is until recently.  I have just had 6 uploads that have partially failed due to processing errors.  All failed images have uploaded on the 2nd attempt without problems.

My broadband connection is very fast and I am not aware of any other problems.

Any suggestions?

Thanks John

Perhaps you clicked "baseline optimized" rather than "baseline standard" when you saved the JPEGs. This can apparently result in processing errors.

I had a "partially failed" upload earlier this year. None since, though.

I too have been getting more partial fail uploads than ever before and have been uploading since the system was introduced. 5 last week and 3 today. I work and upload in small batches and usually they go whizzing through but lately I noticed some saying processing 23 hours etc then later it's changed to 24 hours and then sticks for days. I just continue with my uploading but find it a bit of a pain once they are approved, having to backtrack and workout which images didn't upload properly so I can add them into my next batch where they usually go through with no problem. I'm sure my Internet is also fine as I have no problems with anything else.

Lynne

It has happened to me a few times...most recently, I had a batch pending and wanted to sneak in a few more photos before the reviewer got to them (so they could all pass as a batch together).  I uploaded within minutes of my first batch being reviewed...and it resulted in a technical glitch causing a partial fail.

I have also noticed that if I upload around either 12am or 1am London time, I get partial fails - I think it may have to do something with server backups.  When I upload earlier or later, I have no issue.

Yes, that's something that came up before, but please remind me where the window is to make that "baseline" choice, John.

>>Okay, I found it in the CS5's last window, John<<

I'm using PS Elements to convert to JPEGs. It's in the last window there as well.

Oh, so frustrating.

I have attempted two uploads today,firstly around 1pm [uK time] and two images uploaded then the system stopped. About an hour ago {8pm] I attempted to upload. Not one image managed to get onto the Alamy system.

Why can't we upload using FileZilla ?????

peter t

Thanks to all who replied.  Seems like I'm not alone with this problem. 

I've run a few diagnostic checks on my Pc and it reports ok so I guess I'll have to go with it.  Successful uploads outnumber failed ones :)

Cheers

John

Yes, that's something that came up before, but please remind me where the window is to make that "baseline" choice, John.

>>Okay, I found it in the CS5's last window, John<<

I'm using PS Elements to convert to JPEGs. It's in the last window there as well.

I'm using Elements too John and have noticed a few times in the past that elements seems to change the baseline setting without intervention from myself, so always double check that now before clicking OK.

Allan

Archived