Brexit in Scotland - any tips?

No wonder the SNP want to pretend that Scotland would magically still be in the EU if it seceded from the UK.

I hope it's more than just a pretence as I'm already planning my move to Scotland in expectation of a vote for Brexit.

You'd still be out.

At least I'd be alongside a greater proportion of people who want to stay in. And eventually I'm sure they will be.

Alan

As for brexit I fear England gets what England wants and it looks like they'll be voting out.

I hope not.. and I'm not convinced this is the case either. I guess it depends who you talk to and there probably is some regional bias, but the people I know are more likely on the whole to vote to stay in..

But in response to the original post, I think most has been covered already. The best you can probably do is a few photos of the outside of a polling station to upload to Live News. Last time around (recent local elections), pictures of polling station signs with cute dogs tied up next to them as the owners had gone into the polling station to vote seemed to make a couple of publications. Aside from that, it's then probably a case of tracking down some of the politicians.. but you're on holiday so...

As for brexit I fear England gets what England wants and it looks like they'll be voting out.

I hope not.. and I'm not convinced this is the case either. I guess it depends who you talk to and there probably is some regional bias, but the people I know are more likely on the whole to vote to stay in..

But in response to the original post, I think most has been covered already. The best you can probably do is a few photos of the outside of a polling station to upload to Live News. Last time around (recent local elections), pictures of polling station signs with cute dogs tied up next to them as the owners had gone into the polling station to vote seemed to make a couple of publications. Aside from that, it's then probably a case of tracking down some of the politicians.. but you're on holiday so...

Yes, I was not thinking of News. There are 9,164 images of ballot boxes on Alamy, so I may skip that one too.

Voting box - 9,999. Polling box - 5,807.

The dog sounds good. A cat would be better. Or a toddler with a cat. Tied up of course. In a kilt with a bagpipe and a flag.

A polling station in or next to a famous landmark would work too. Combined with the cat...

The bikeride would be news if it's really bad weather. It could work as a festival: 6000 searches for festival on AoA@1 year.

wim

a good dictionary of synonyms and various search engines.

door, portal, frontier, exit... of course in local "english dialect" and Gaelic +brexit +Scotland +Caledonia +...

a good dictionary of synonyms and various search engines.

door, portal, frontier, exit... of course in local "english dialect" and Gaelic +brexit +Scotland +Caledonia +...

Yes that would be great.

Where is it?

wim

The kilt I can accommodate but bagpipes are for musicians.  

There are many who would argue that point . . . 

dd

Would they have a polling station in Eilean Donan? Stalker maybe? Probably not.

Eilean Donan - 3,038

Scotland Stalker - 911

Castle Stalker - 763

Castle Stalker Scotland - 737

It would be quite easy to turn that one into a ballot box. In photoshop I mean.

wim

dd

That would be those who have never experienced the hairs on the back of their neck stiffen when a real live pipe band strikes up. :P

dd

That would be those who have never experienced the hairs on the back of their neck stiffen when a real live pipe band strikes up. :P

The Battle of the Crater?

wim

dd

+ 1

They're just not Tam's bairns....

Would they have a polling station in Eilean Donan? Stalker maybe? Probably not.

Eilean Donan - 3,038

Scotland Stalker - 911

Castle Stalker - 763

Castle Stalker Scotland - 737

It would be quite easy to turn that one into a ballot box. In photoshop I mean.

wim

Get someone to hold a European flag with Edinburgh Castle in the background. 

The only thing that stiffens when I hear bagpipes is my fingers in my ears.

Alan

dd

You may have misunderstood my particular stand here . . . I am a musician of sorts, and believe me, I know the feeling you describe in the exact situation you describe :) . . . but as I said, there are many who would argue that point.

dd

Archived