How long before a sale shows up in myalamy?

Hello,

A little over a month ago a friend pointed out that he had seen one of my pictures published online in "thegaurdian".  The picture was credited to both me and Alamy and there were other pictures published on the same page, some credited to Alamy contributors and others to Getty contributors.  That sale has still not shown up in myalamy.  Alamy measures shows that it was zoomed one time, but no indication that it ever sold.  Is it normal for it to take over a month from the date of publication for a sale to show up in myalamy?

Thanks,

Bill

If you or yr friend have a screenshot of the publication, you may perhaps contact MemberServices. It may easily take a couple of months before the sale-amount figures in your 'my alamy' section ... then another month or two for its release, if minimum payable amount condition is met. Cheers.

Hello,

A little over a month ago a friend pointed out that he had seen one of my pictures published online in "thegaurdian".  The picture was credited to both me and Alamy and there were other pictures published on the same page, some credited to Alamy contributors and others to Getty contributors.  That sale has still not shown up in myalamy.  Alamy measures shows that it was zoomed one time, but no indication that it ever sold.  Is it normal for it to take over a month from the date of publication for a sale to show up in myalamy?

Thanks,

Bill

Very normal.  I find the Guardian to be one of the better newspaper reporters, usually reporting at the end of the next month following the usage.  It is a waiting game, I'm afraid.

I'm still waiting for a Live News sale to be reported by a National Newspaper from November last year! And I chased it up with Alamy after 3 months. If it's not in by the end of May I'll have to follow it up again. It's a frustrating part of the Alamy operation - I think they need to be much more proactive in chasing these usages up without needing the contributors to have to keep flagging them up.

Keith

I'm still waiting for a Live News sale to be reported by a National Newspaper from November last year! And I chased it up with Alamy after 3 months. If it's not in by the end of May I'll have to follow it up again. It's a frustrating part of the Alamy operation - I think they need to be much more proactive in chasing these usages up without needing the contributors to have to keep flagging them up.

Keith

Agree with your comments.

Allan

Keith

Pretty sure I know which paper it is ...

I have been waiting for a sale confirmation since September 2015 for an image used by a property related website. Contacted MS twice, don't find their responses particularly helpful in situations like these. Agree with Keith above, that Alamy need to do more chasing up of these types of cases.

What happens if we dont 'spot' a sale?

I've 'spotted' a couple of sales in a free, daily newspaper produced in the London area and it can be quite fun doing so but it is very ad-hoc. It would be really helpful if the sales info could be more specific so that it was possible to know where your photos ended up.

What happens if we dont 'spot' a sale?

I've 'spotted' a couple of sales in a free, daily newspaper produced in the London area and it can be quite fun doing so but it is very ad-hoc. It would be really helpful if the sales info could be more specific so that it was possible to know where your photos ended up.

Alamy won't do that in case you go directly to the newspaper etc. to sell your images, therefore cutting out the middle man ie Alamy.

John.

Archived