Your opinion, please.

I have an image of two senior women on the beach, showing ethnic diversity.  Everything is sharp except one woman in profile, has a blurry hand because apparently it was swinging much faster than any other movement.

Would you submit this?  The hand is blurry just past the wrist.  Love to hear your thoughts.

If everything is sharp bar the hand then no problem at all. Alamy understand a blur due to fast movement IMO. I've submitted loads of images where such blurs occur and they are accepted.

Richard

If the two women are otherwise in sharp focus, then yes, without a moment's hesitation!

I'm wondering why you thought you should perhaps not submit?

dd

I too am usually paranoid about uploading blurred motion images, especially with the new definition of "soft and lacking definition" given in the updated submission guidelines. Mind you, I've had very few SoLD failures over the years, and none for blurred motion. Most of my failures have been due to blurred vision (mine). B)

Agree with all of above. Was happy to recently see a shot of mine zoomed showing two very blurred passengers rushing through an un-blurred train station.

Like John above, I have shots of crafts people at work with blurred hands - it can give a sense of movement to the image.

I don't have any (note - put that right!) but I've also seen photos sold in which everything is blurred, typically emergency vehicles racing through the streets. So provided it is only a small part of the image, or is clearly a deliberate ploy, blur can be beautiful.

I have a shot on Alamy which shows a train passing over a level crossing at speed. Train, passengers and logo all very blurred but barrier arm with little red light on my side is sharp. That is really the only sharp bit in the image.

Allan

Archived