Scotland: If 'UK' is no longer ok!

Obviously have to take KMs advice and improve my awareness of what's going on around me.

Develop a good strong social network presence and they become your eyes and ears....but it takes time and commitment

km

Thanks for that - I'm working on it, just have to work harder  :)

be ready un short term, catalonia, euskal herria, (Country basc), veneto...

in medium term: balearic & canary islands, bretanye, texas, california,...

in long term: ?...

all can or can't, only time talks

Wot?

dd

Wot?

dd

I think he/she is alluding to if Scotland gets independence then others will want to follow, giving a list of those who might

HTH :D

Canada has had the referendum experience with Quebec.

If Scotland votes to leave the UK, or even if the vote is not to leave but is close, the value of the UK pound on international markets will drop. 

This will mean that the cost of living will go up in the UK and the money I receive from Alamy from UK sales will be worth a lot less to me when it arrives in my bank account in Canada.

Camera equipment or international travel for UK photographers, for instance, would be more expensive.

Keywording will be the least of our worries.

Canada has had the referendum experience with Quebec.

If Scotland votes to leave the UK, or even if the vote is not to leave but is close, the value of the UK pound on international markets will drop. 

This will mean that the cost of living will go up in the UK and the money I receive from Alamy from UK sales will be worth a lot less to me when it arrives in my bank account in Canada.

Camera equipment or international travel for UK photographers, for instance, would be more expensive.

Key-wording already is the least of my worries . . .

dd

Wot?

dd

I think he/she is alluding to if Scotland gets independence then others will want to follow, giving a list of those who might

HTH :D

Yes, it helps, ta. :)

Still, if a country wants independence from whatever, seems strange they would need Scotland to succeed before they pursued their own agenda. Then again, maybe if more did it might prompt some in Australia to even consider such a thing possible . . . nah, on second thoughts . . .

dd

.. the value of the UK pound on international markets will drop .. cost of living will go up in the UK .. Camera equipment or international travel for UK photographers, for instance, would be more expensive.

Yes this is becoming abundantly clear, a few days after my original post. This is really not a great prospect for those of us relying on $$$s v £££s. Everything is loaded against us. Again.

Richard.

For sales in $, €, Aus$, Can$ etc those of us in UK, including Scotland, will get a tiny bit more £ (well pence probably). Until the dust on the independence debate settles, the Eurozone or Ukraine flares up again and then it will be back to normal. Swings and roundabouts ...

No point getting stressed by it; there is little individuals can do, short of emigrating and that only chamges the challenges.,.

independence or freeedom by osmosis?

It's Not Just Europe; As Many As 16 California Counties May Seek Secession From The State | Zero Hedge

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-06-04/its-not-just-europe-16-california-counties-seek-secession-states

Plan to split California six ways is closer to vote - SFGate Blog

http://blog.sfgate.com/stew/2014/02/19/plan-to-split-california-six-ways-is-closer-to-vote/

Texas Nationalist Movement

http://texnat.org/

Archived