What happened with Alamy prices?

Omg, what is wrong with earnings this year? :( I see huge differences in prices.

Last year I had pretty nice sales (net) for 50, 100, 200$, ... One by one, almost no distributor com. This year I get sales for few $: 4, 6, 8, 10 max... What's wrong with Alamy? I sell RF and RM and the prices are the same. This is really discouraging :(

Is it microstock now? Or is it just my bad luck, bad year?

Omg, what is wrong with earnings this year? :( I see huge differences in prices.

Last year I had pretty nice sales (net) for 50, 100, 200$, ... One by one, almost no distributor com. This year I get sales for few $: 4, 6, 8, 10 max... What's wrong with Alamy? I sell RF and RM and the prices are the same. This is really discouraging :(

Is it microstock now? Or is it just my bad luck, bad year?

I'm finding that prices for me are higher than last year, more like the first range of prices you mention. 

Perhaps it is my turn to have decent prices and your's to have poor prices. I find that I have good periods where I sell quite a few (for me) then bad where I sell very few.

Whether good or bad my solution is to just keep uploading!

John.

I have averaged $62 over the last 12 months. Way down on previous years but still not at the levels you suggest. Naturally a few lemons but also a few decent prices to offset them.

dov

My last 2 months averaged $80 so some progress for me.

Average for the first 4 months of last year - $43 (143 licences)

Average for first 4 months of this year - $51 (147 licences)

I suspect not significantly different, but certainly not worse.

Things are likely to improve for you Arletta, judging from all these replies

Kumar

Thanks guys for your replies. Looks like it's just a bad and poor (long) time for me and as Kumar says, it'll be fine soon ;) Great to know you have good sales still. Good luck and keep it going! :)

I had a nice string of textbook sales ($150 - $180) earlier this year, which I guess put me in the "Top 500" (which was encouraging to see). But lots of low ones since then. It seems that $40 is the new $80. My 2013 Alamy net earnings for 2013 were down about 33% from 2012 despite having a similar number of sales in each year.

averages per sale - all gross:

2005 - $195
2006 - $179
2007 - $425
2008 - $136
2009 - $124
2010 - $68
2011 - $80
2012 - $65
2013 - $68

2014 - $66 [Q1]

But is it relevant? This doesn't tell the whole story:

2009 was a really miserable year; 2010 slightly better and 2013 twice 2010 (gross total).

(The size of my collection has hardly changed over the years.)

wim

With three sales in so far for the month as of May 9th, my average price this month is around $55, but year-to-date is $89.

Also, someone was complaining about IQ sales and wanting to opt out. This one just popped in today for $66. 

DB26YT.jpg

Sometimes it is a roller coaster ride, so hold your seat and fasten your seatbelt. Hope your sales pick up soon.

Archived