is measures working?

Hi Cristina,

Views overall about the same as normal; zooms rather slow and still picking up from Dec/Jan, and sales this month so far are abysmal. Better pick up before the end of the month hopefully!    :rolleyes:

Kumar

Yep, slow month so far. :mellow:

Cheers,

Philippe

Slow?!? I would say it's been pants  :wacko:

Well, I would say something else but that may result in a ban  :D

It's been like that all month and not just as a result of the re-rank. With any luck it will pick up again soon..... if not, I'll just have to concentrate elsewhere!

Don't see the point, would it actually add to your sales potential ? 

Large numbers of image searches result in zero zooms because the customer has hovered and seen the larger image - so I suppose a 'Hover' box would also be needed......

Basically it ain't broke so why complicate it - the information has a limited value until the client actually buys the image license - and even then it can be refunded !

As a frequent critic of some of the things that Alamy gets up to I would guide you to their advice recently regarding the BHZ stuff - it was a breath of fresh air......

Cheers,

Philippe

It's been like that all month and not just as a result of the re-rank. With any luck it will pick up again soon..... if not, I'll just have to concentrate elsewhere!

"Pants?" Is that good or bad?

Cheers,

Philippe

"Pants" is bad John and this morning's update is no better than the previous 2 days. :(

Regards

Craig

Its not too bad for me.

A record number of rolling views for the month and a record number of views in a single day, 1151 out of 4123 at the time, which was nearly 30% of my portfolio viewed on one day! That didn't help my CTR though.

Sales are ticking along too after a best every month in January.

I've gone down in the rerank though so I don't know if things will stay as good.

John.

Cheers,

Philippe

Bad... slang over here for cr@p, no good.... useless.....  :)

Its not too bad for me.

A record number of rolling views for the month and a record number of views in a single day, 1151 out of 4123 at the time, which was nearly 30% of my portfolio viewed on one day! That didn't help my CTR though.

Sales are ticking along too after a best every month in January.

I've gone down in the rerank though so I don't know if things will stay as good.

John.

Seems as if almost everyone who went up in the BHZ game went down in actual performance and vice-versa (I went up 9 pages, but zooms are the lowest for a year - with 3 times more images online - and no sales)!

zooms up, views about average, sales better than last month, CTR up.  I had the opposite last month.

Every time a bunch of people complain that thing are slow, there is another bunch that says things are better.  Then there is some speculation about BHZ (I don't play it as to me it tells me nothing, proven but multiple entries saying I'm now on page 2 but my sales are slow or my sales have gone up but I am now on page 20 after the reshuffle, blah blah, blah).  So, the only thing that seems to me that's happening is that when I'm doing not so good, and then there is a reshuffle then I do better after the reshuffle, then after the next reshuffle I do bad again, and so forth and so on.  So, I stopped dwelling on it.  I only check my sales these days and whether my images show up in irrelevant searches and if they do I fix my keywords.

thank you guys for all the answers. I am happy for those who are doing ok. In my case it looks rather poor: my ranking got better after the re-rank, but my views and zooms not at all (down 50% or more), so I was hoping something was wrong with the machine....

I was definitely happier with a worse rank!

Archived