Research

patrick69

Question

Hello 

Can youe explain me how a customer can find our pages, i try to connect directly on the website with my pseudo but it didn t find anything

Thanks for your reply

Patrick

16 answers to this question

I'll try. 

Regular customers can log in to the alamy.com site and search from their login page. New customers or those who are just browsing can go to the site and start from the search box.

Customers do not typically search for individual contributors. They put in keywords for an image and look at the image search results from numerous contributors.

If you want to share your portfolio with someone, then see 'Your Alamy Portfolio Page' on your Dashboard.

If you put your name in the keywords you can find your images from the search page. Caption and keywords are what produce results in a search.

Paulette

I took a look at your images and saw no keywords at all. I'm surprised they show up on the site as we are supposed to add at least 5 tags (I think).

Paulette 

22 minutes ago, NYCat said:

I took a look at your images and saw no keywords at all. I'm surprised they show up on the site as we are supposed to add at least 5 tags (I think).

Paulette 

Don't look at the captions then...

9 minutes ago, Steve F said:

Don't look at the captions then...

I don't understand what you mean, Steve. Are we not supposed to add keywords always?

Paulette

52 minutes ago, NYCat said:

Paulette 

That was my understanding as well. However, there are plenty of images on Alamy with no keywords and skimpy captions.

Go figure. 🙄

1 hour ago, Steve F said:

I meant if you're not impressed with the keywording, you won't like the captioning much

Captions in French ???? Hmmmm....

It's a heartache but Bonnie Tylers name has somehow got lost in France. Still wondering about the total eclipse of the keywords (how is it even possible to be on sale without tags?)

• Love 1

Searching for images used in the papers I have occasionally found those with completely wrong captions - presumably keyworded en bloc -  and those without a  caption.  I guess that their authors' keywording skills exceeded those required to write a decent caption !

I always check both my keywords and captions a few days after keywording, but, nevertheless, the odd omission/mistake still creeps in !

Edited by Bryan