cf27

Question

18 answers to this question

2 hours ago, cf27 said:

Any recomandation is welcome, 

Do you see this long link?
Do you see my names in red?
That's how my photos are credited.
Replace my names with how your photos are credited(s)
Then keep link & check it daily:

Edited by Jeffrey Isaac Greenberg
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Jeffrey Isaac Greenberg said:
Do you see this long link?
Do you see my names in red?
That's how my photos are credited.
Replace my names with how your photos are credited(s)
Then keep link & check it daily:

- If you are selling daily. 😁

wim

On 21/09/2023 at 18:22, Jeffrey Isaac Greenberg said:

Thanks for sharing, I was able to find a couple of articles with my photos which I had not found before.

On 21/09/2023 at 21:00, cf27 said:

How i can search where are published the photos selled? Any recomandation is welcome, 

I've got a subscription to Readly which allows searching for credit lines (i.e. text) within some (maybe all?) of the magazines it covers. I tried looking for CFimages, but it gave no hits. Do you have any other Pseudos you'd like me to search there for?

Mark

On 22/09/2023 at 00:22, Jeffrey Isaac Greenberg said:
16 hours ago, M.Chapman said:

I've got a subscription to Readly which allows searching for credit lines (i.e. text) within some (maybe all?) of the magazines it covers. I tried looking for CFimages, but it gave no hits. Do you have any other Pseudos you'd like me to search there for?

Mark

15 hours ago, M.Chapman said:

Mark

Ihave tried but i see just few my photos, i have other pseudo Cfphotos but don't show nothin of mine. 

On 22/09/2023 at 00:22, Jeffrey Isaac Greenberg said:

I am searching for this photo sold the 20 sept https://www.alamy.com/image-details-popup.asp?Imageid=C0E36807-1213-44F2-B810-EF8DFD06075A the subject is my doughter Thank you for your help. 

6 minutes ago, wiskerke said:

Lots of images by CFimages come up for a search like this on Google Images.

wim

I tried that with my pseudo, but all I get is a lot of my images but I thought the whole point was to find usages. Every once in awhile, I get an alert via email from Talkwalker (I’m not subscribed to it) about a usage, usually unreported through Alamy. Then I report it to Alamy.

As usual, wim, I’m probably misunderstanding how you use Google Alerts.

CF27, it's worth pointing out that google searches of this type may flag an image which is on the same page as yours but not show your actual image. You therefore  have to go all the way through that page to clarify if your image has been found.

Another thought is to ask alamy. I't not their policy to release names of buyers but if you say the picture was of your daughter they may help. Always worth asking.

7 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

I tried that with my pseudo, but all I get is a lot of my images but I thought the whole point was to find usages. Every once in awhile, I get an alert via email from Talkwalker (I’m not subscribed to it) about a usage, usually unreported through Alamy. Then I report it to Alamy.

I see usages doing a Google Images search for Betty LaRue or for A Larue. Or Bets Larue (guessing that's you also).

As mr Standfast says: it does help to click on an image and scroll down. Even if it's not always a hit. In such case I also do a search for my name on the page to see if that term is mentioned somewhere in the text. Most of our images will probably appear on pages that are changing constantly, so it's also possible that there has been an image credited with our name when Google last looked. Then there's the possibility that it's in the text we cannot readily see, but Google can: the page source.

The long part of the search that looks like -site:alamy.com -site:alamy.es -site:alamy.de is to exclude our images on those sites. That what the minus -site: is for. Otherwise we would only get all our images on Alamy with maybe one or two usages unless we are platinum sellers with a very small port. In your case you could add -site:pixels.com -site:fineartamerica.com because you are selling images there. If I see my images coming up from some foreign Alamy site, or from a distributor, I add those too. And it probably helps to use your pseudo as precise as possible and to use quotation marks. "Bets Larue" gets me to https://www.yumpu.com/de/document/read/60069486/aha-neu-podrecznik-klasa-8

Your image is on page 34 I think is what the photo index says. Unfortunately that page is not included in this preview.

"A Larue" gets me a trumpet vine in the Guardian of March 24 this year.

You do have to play with it a bit. Also you always have to click on the See more anyway and Show more results links if they appear at the bottom of the page. Some of my best finds are from the last rows.

The Alerts work the same. Long ago I found a very good help page on Google somewhere but I cannot locate it anymore. However Google says there are 293.000.000 results when I search for excluding sites in a google alert. I see about 200 if I count them. Maybe their 25th birthday party is getting out of hand. But there are some good instructions among the top results.

It sometimes helps to exclude certain words as well. In your case I would exclude "Rachel". In my case I had an alert for my wife's surname which is Reiling. And at one point the alert started flooding my mailbox with endless blogposts by a Chinese girl Rei Ling. Now when I excluded "Rei Ling" I got no results anymore at all. Google had become too smart, thinking I probably just mistyped. But because the girl also used a western name as an alias, I excluded that one: problem solved.

Make sure you set the alert to all languages, not just English.

wim

8 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

try something like 

"Betty LaRue" alamy -alamy.com -pixels.com -fineartamerica.com

use "-" to  eliminate websites and words you don't want to show up in results. in addition to the webpage results, click on the Image tab, News tab, and Books tab for more succinct results.

i personally add -theculturetrip.com as i see a lot of usage on that site and don't want to be reminded of it.

on google.com/alerts  just add your name in quotes, maybe even "alamy" and select any region, all languages, all results

Edited by sooth
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, sooth said:

try

"allanbellimages" -alamy.com alamy

then click on images tab, and news tab.

I usually wait for the sale to be reported unless I have free time. The news tab works best for me, just found recent pics in the Guardian and Times. Due to the Times paywall it only shows for a moment. Theoretically they should be reported next month.

27 minutes ago, sb photos said:

I usually wait for the sale to be reported unless I have free time. The news tab works best for me, just found recent pics in the Guardian and Times. Due to the Times paywall it only shows for a moment. Theoretically they should be reported next month.

for the times uk website paywall, you can view an archived copy of the article by inserting "archive.is" into the url.

e.g., the url you want to view https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/how-england-s-rugby-heroes-ended-up-behind-bars-n6w3p9sks

change it to https://archive.is/www.thetimes.co.uk/article/how-england-s-rugby-heroes-ended-up-behind-bars-n6w3p9sks

it will archive that page and make it viewable w/o paywall.  there's also a input box on the http://archive.is page where you can simply enter the url you want. 

• Like 1