Sports car 'going back to nature'...

I used to have one of those – in that colour and with the pop-up headlights!
To be honest, didn’t like it much.
Looked great but not very pleasant to drive.

I’m a bit surprised to see one of those seemingly abandoned like that.
It doesn’t look like a complete wreck – one of the staff at a nearby pub has one he uses daily in much worse condition.

None of my business but I’d be tempted to go back and see if you can get the reg.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gorilla Dave said:

Maybe it’s just me but I think it looks in too good a condition to be just dumped.
You could try posting the pic on this MX5 owners’ forum…

https://www.mx5nutz.com/forums/spotted.17/

…see if anyone recognises it.

Well, you have pix of the M62 in Yorkshire... and the car is just a few miles to the north... in the village of Midgeley...

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Gorilla Dave said:

It doesn’t look like a complete wreck – one of the staff at a nearby pub has one he uses daily in much worse condition.

None of my business but I’d be tempted to go back and see if you can get the reg.

I was wondering if  it had been stolen for a joy ride and then dumped.  Or stripped for some parts and dumped.

On 23/07/2023 at 17:47, John Morrison said:

Well, you have pix of the M62 in Yorkshire... and the car is just a few miles to the north... in the village of Midgeley...

I'm down in South Yorks and without a motor at the moment.

If you have any note of the location such as a nearby street name - I've spoken to a kind support person at WYP who may be able to send a regular officer just to check it out.

22 hours ago, Gorilla Dave said:

I'm down in South Yorks and without a motor at the moment.

If you have any note of the location such as a nearby street name - I've spoken to a kind support person at WYP who may be able to send a regular officer just to check it out.

Just had a look at a map, and the car is on Thorney Lane, in Midgley, Calderdale, about 2-300 yards from the junction where old Sportsman pub still stands (though no longer serving customers). The car is easily visible from the road, along with a few other vehicles whose driving days may be over...

2 hours ago, John Morrison said:

Just had a look at a map, and the car is on Thorney Lane, in Midgley, Calderdale, about 2-300 yards from the junction where old Sportsman pub still stands (though no longer serving customers). The car is easily visible from the road, along with a few other vehicles whose driving days may be over...

https://www.google.com/maps/@53.7366154,-1.9469563,3a,75y,272.69h,82.9t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sXgQMBhrZUrPgzMbUhRlWEQ!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?entry=ttu

2 hours ago, spacecadet said:

‘allo, allo, allo ! …what’s all this then ?
Some motor cars going rusty in a yard ?
Move along now - Nothing to see here !