Submission Policy

ebersonimages

Question

Admittingly, Alamy is one of my minor stock companies for the simple reason of their submission policies.  If I submit multiple multiple uploads, sometimes 10-20 at a time for consideration with other agencies, some are accepted and some are not.  With Alamy, if one is rejected, the others are not even reviewed and I am banned for a period of time.  I have occasionally uploaded one photo at a time and wait for the approval or rejection but find that incredibly inefficient. 

Comments/Suggestions

Thanking you in advance,

Charles

• Love 1
  • Dislike 1

14 answers to this question

37 minutes ago, ebersonimages said:

Comments/Suggestions

Don't fail QC.

https://www.alamy.com/contributors/alamy-how-to-pass-qc.pdf

or ask for a portfolio review.

https://discussion.alamy.com/forum/18-portfolio-critique/

Only problem with asking for a portfolio review is that the images in your portfolio have successfully passed QC. Would be more useful to see the failed images. Best way is to show us the failed images. You can host them here:

https://imgbb.com/

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

The other suggestions are to submit one batch and only submit another when you've passed QC with the first. Check all shadow areas for noise.   If on a Apple Retina screen, check focus at 200%.   If QC is reporting sensor dust, get the sensor cleaned or clean it yourself. 

• Like 1

https://www.alamy.com/contributors/alamy-how-to-pass-qc.pdf has 3 different artifact QC failure examples and descriptions worth reading. Other failures are worth noting as well.

Just because an image was accepted at one agency is no assurance it will pass at others - each has their own criteria.

Edited by Phil
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, sooth said:

If it's interpolation artifacts, it might have to do with upsizing images causing the image to become blocky. If it's compression artifacts, it's likely a low quality jpg being worked on and saved. The min size for an image to be accepted is 17mb (when opened in an image program) which is about 3000x2000. If you do have to upsize something, check your images carefully at 100%zoom to see if it's acceptable.

If one needs to upscale a file to reach the 3000x2000 px min size requirements, it's definitely something wrong out there...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ognyan Yosifov said:

If one needs to upscale a file to reach the 3000x2000 px min size requirements, it's definitely something wrong out there...

It was common practice in the early days with digital and Alamy's larger, at the time, requirements. Cannot remember but it was larger file size than it is now.

I know to my cost as I had quite a few fails in those days.

Allan

49 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

It was common practice in the early days with digital and Alamy's larger, at the time, requirements. Cannot remember but it was larger file size than it is now.

I know to my cost as I had quite a few fails in those days.

Allan

You are right about the early days, Alan. I meant modern technology at the moment.

19 minutes ago, Ognyan Yosifov said:

You are right about the early days, Alan. I meant modern technology at the moment.

It is common for bird photography.

11 hours ago, ebersonimages said:

Thanks for your replies. One photo which is my number one seller on Adobe and accepted on Shutterstock was rejected for artifacts thus failing the other 11 photos I submitted in the same batch.

I don't understand what that has to do with Alamy. Each has different customers with different expectations. In my experience, it's very rare for an image to do well with more than one.