Why are there no sales?

Greetings to all,

I've been uploading photos for sale on Alamy for 6 months. 
I have 13,000 photos. I have no sales at the moment. 
Am I making a mistake somewhere? My portfolio link is below. 
I seek help from experienced friends. Thanks.

https://www.alamy.com/portfolio/1018314.html

Edited by sinandogan
  • Love 1

You need to work on your captions and keywords to have any chance.

I only looked at the first image and the keywords don't even mention 'ostello'.

However they do say 'beach', 'bay', 'marina' , 'cityscape' etc.

It has little hope of being found, and if customers can't find it, they can't buy it.

• Love 1
  • Like 2

I think your first mistake was to upload 13.000 images without knowing how to caption and keyword them properly. So it will be a tough task to re-caption and re-keyword so many photos one by one...

• Love 1
  • Like 3

Oh no, so many images uploaded and likely all will need their captions and keywords editing. I looked at a few at random, 2 letter captions. You have up to 150 characters/spaces to describe accurately the key components of the image. The majority of the keywords do not match the images, that is bad. The images themselves look good, trouble is no one will find them.

• Like 3

I may be wrong, but I strongly suspect that the OP is using an automatic keyword generator of some kind. That would account for some of the inaccuracies. For example, a blue tiled swimming pool is captioned as "Blue kiosk", and "swimming pool", "tiles", and "tiled" are not listed in the tags. So, OP, if someone searches for images of a swimming pool, your image will not be returned in the results, so cannot be bought. Similarly, if someone searches for a blue kiosk, they will see your image but not buy it, as they were not looking for an image of a swimming pool.

• Love 1
  • Like 3

Yea, slow down! A few hundred well considered photographs with accurate captions and keywords will far outperform a few thousand hasty uploads with inaccurate keywords. I've got about 1/3 of your numbers, but sell perhaps 1/2 a dozen images most months. For far less than ten years ago sadly it has to be said.

Edited by Robert M Estall
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

One, see what's already up for Cyprus and other locations and decide if your photos are competitive with those.   Two, don't use a keyword generator.   For travel photos, what's going to be interesting to foreigners.   Can be typical life; can be typical local food; can be famous buildings (why is the building famous/worth seeing).

• Love 1
  • Like 2

Total views for sinan doğan: 455
Total zooms for sinan doğan: 2
Total CTR for sinan doğan: 0.44
Average CTR for sinan doğan: 0.15
Top performing pseudonym: SINAN DOĞAN(CTR: 0.44)
Last month average CTR on Alamy: 0.57

Thanks everyone. Statistics above. 
I suppose the interaction is a little low?
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, sinandogan said:

Have you taken anything on board?

• Love 2
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, sinandogan said:

Miracle it is that high. Alamy are working v.hard.

Edited by Mr Standfast
Balance
  • Love 1

21 minutes ago, Martin L said:

How does this help? 

We have all made mistakes. This is a forum for all contributors not just those that have been here for years.

??? What has this to do with contributor's years on Alamy??? 🤔 

Before I uploaded to Alamy, I read everything there was to know: Alamy guidelines on upload, QC, tagging, Forum, etc. Not after 13,000 images.

So last year or 20 years ago, I don't follow your reasoning. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

56 minutes ago, Martin L said:

How does this help? 

We have all made mistakes. This is a forum for all contributors not just those that have been here for years.

Gvallee is simply asking if the OP has listened to any of the advice offered in this thread. If the OP asks for advice and then fails to take it on board, there is no point in providing it. (I accept that there is probably a language barrier, and the OP may be getting a very poor automatic translation of our posts.)

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, DJ Myford said:

Gvallee is simply asking if the OP has listened to any of the advice offered in this thread. If the OP asks for advice and then fails to take it on board, there is no point in providing it. (I accept that there is probably a language barrier, and the OP may be getting a very poor automatic translation of our posts.)

Thank God for that. My intentions entirely. I accept that there might be a language barrier and could be the reason why the OP uses a keywording tool, but if his/her tags are as bad as various people commented (I haven't looked) and the OP is still focusing on the number of views, I was wondering if she/he had understood the helpful explanations. Nothing to do with how long I've been on the Forum. 

• Like 5

In Sinan's opening question he asks: Am I making a mistake somewhere? Many of us have answered: Yes you are making a mistake, your keywords/tags do not fit your photos. They are not just a little bit inaccurate, they are no good at all! If you are not prepared to believe that, then we are all wasting our time, most of all yourself. Sorry, but nobody is going to hand you a spoon of sugar. You need to go right back to the beginning and fix all your keywords/tags. Even just half a dozen accurate words would be better than 30+ words which do not fit

• Like 3

• Alamy locked this topic