Anyone up for A Front Porch/Balcony Challenge?

CANCELLED CHALLENGE - Not the December challenge (its in All About Pics)

Decided to cancel the challenge idea as it does seem there isn't much interest. Just thought it might be a bit of fun.

Going to challenge myself though.

Jill

Have loads of pictures taken on (and from) my balcony (3m x 5m) on the second floor in all seasons. Does it necessarily have to be new images? December in Belgium isn't exactly the most interesting month to take pictures (no snow, just rain).

Cheers,

Philippe

I thought that would be the interesting part. Straining the brain to look out and maybe see something you hadn't noticed before, and you have to find it in a day and a bit. 

Here in Ontario, its pretty boring as well, and I have lots of pics of previous shots I have taken.  Just snow outside right now. No animals on the farm currently. And supposed to be a bit of a blizzard tomorrow, so don't know what I could some up with. I just have fields to look at and my driveway. If I stretch around I can see the barns.  Could be a time your telephoto is your friend.

Jill

It sounds like a lot of work, Jill. Perhaps I'll have a little nap, than think about it. Hmmm. I've taken pictures from the doorway of my building, and one Alamy sold: B22B4W

Just thought it might be a bit of fun, given tight parameter to see what we could come up with  :)

I figured I would extend the deadline to Sunday, that way 3 days to come up with 3 pics. 

Don't have a front porch or balcony so could not enter.

Perhaps this thread should be under "Lets talk about pictures"

Allan

We can include windows too!  (but all taken from the same window)  :)

Jill, perhaps you should enter the December Challenge in LET'S TALK ABOUT PICS. If you win you choose the next challenge.

Paulette

Or, failing a win in that comp, start a new competition in LETS TALK ABOUT PICS.

Allan

It sounds like a lot of work, Jill. Perhaps I'll have a little nap, than think about it. Hmmm. I've taken pictures from the doorway of my building, and one Alamy sold: B22B4W

Just thought it might be a bit of fun, given tight parameter to see what we could come up with  :)

A week before Christmas, most people don't have a lot of spare time on their hands. And here in NYC only the 1% have balconies or terraces. In Rome I had both a balcony and a terrace on three levels. 

Alan, I don't think taking a picture from your bedroom window can be defined as "trouble."  :)

Have you ever tried taking a decent pic in the dark while hand-holding a camera at 1/4 sec outside a narrow top-opening window? ;)

Alan

Archived