Nobody No People

There are 11 pages of searches over the past 12 months including Nobody and the same for No people. The problem with the latter is that it is also picked up by a people search. Any tricks to get around thus problem?

13 minutes ago, Bryan said:

There are 11 pages of searches over the past 12 months including Nobody and the same for No people. The problem with the latter is that it is also picked up by a people search. Any tricks to get around thus problem?

'no people' might help, but I'm not sure

25 minutes ago, Bryan said:

and the same for No people.

Does AoA distinguish between a keyword search for 'no people' and the use of the filter for 'No people'. The latter isn't a keyword search but seems to work off the information for the number of people that we enter in optional. Certainly I've never entered keywords for 'no people' but 1457 of my images come up with that filter.  Note that for this to work you have to enter '0' for people in optional even though the default is '0' in the exported csv.

Edited by Harry Harrison

I discovered the key phrase No people after finding that a competitor's photo was getting sales that I had previously enjoyed. The only significant difference in the keywording was No people - I've long used nobody.  Of course there were other factors at play as well ! I've since started to add No People as well as using the 0 filter and Nobody, but I'm getting searches for people now where there are none ! It's a pity that the Alamy system cannot recognise items in quotes e.g. "No people" as being different to people !

Edited by Bryan

1 hour ago, Bryan said:

It's a pity that the Alamy system cannot recognise items in quotes e.g. "No people" as being different to people !

Wasn't that the case at one time when were told to put quotation marks around key phrases? This of course ended up being another boondoggle. 🙄

P.S. I don't use "no people" and seldom include "nobody" in my keywords, thinking it best to leave such things up to the filters.

Edited by John Mitchell

5 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

P.S. I don't use "no people" and seldom include "nobody" in my keywords, thinking it best to leave such things up to the filters.

Ditto. But who knows.... I assume clients filter for 0 people in image normally. Apart from 11 search pages!!

To me the new filter sidebar is not as clear or as easy to use as when the options were along the top before the makeover, on the other hand it is startlingly similar to the one of a major competitor. However from the buyers' point of view this filter will indeed only bring up images with 0 people, just not all of them. In other words it will miss those where the contributor hasn't entered that information in optional and also it begs the question as to whether all these images that are being brought in from other collections have this information in precisely the same form?

Edited by Harry Harrison