Delete my account

Lor

Question

19 answers to this question

31 minutes ago, Lor said:

how do I Delete my account?

Alamy states:

You can close your Alamy account at any time by emailing contributors@alamy.com. Once you've emailed us, we'll start the process. Your account will be closed and images will no longer be available for sale on our site 45 days after you asked for your account to be closed.

14 hours ago, Lor said:

how do I Delete my account?

My photos are stored at about a dozen stock agencies. I think, can be a few more. Only 4 of these agencies really contribute to my income. However, the rest are always good for a nice surprise and bring a little pocket money now and then.
Storing the photos costs me neither money nor time. Therefore, I leave them where they are and enjoy the pocket money when it comes.
Deleting an account IMO only makes sense if you want to sell the pictures exclusively somewhere else. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, spiegel said:

My photos are stored at about a dozen stock agencies. I think, can be a few more. Only 4 of these agencies really contribute to my income. However, the rest are always good for a nice surprise and bring a little pocket money now and then.
Storing the photos costs me neither money nor time. Therefore, I leave them where they are and enjoy the pocket money when it comes.
Deleting an account IMO only makes sense if you want to sell the pictures exclusively somewhere else. 

Unfortunately, most other stock photo agencies are only good for a laugh these days. 😆

• Love 1

On 06/10/2022 at 11:37, Pav said:

Alamy states:

You can close your Alamy account at any time by emailing contributors@alamy.com. Once you've emailed us, we'll start the process. Your account will be closed and images will no longer be available for sale on our site 45 days after you asked for your account to be closed.

So I am also trying to delete my account and followed these instructions above. All I get when I email the above address is a robo email saying look on the website for what to do. So how exactly do I delete my account?

14 hours ago, Joanne W said:

So I am also trying to delete my account and followed these instructions above. All I get when I email the above address is a robo email saying look on the website for what to do. So how exactly do I delete my account?

You will always get that automated response first. Your actual response will come later.

Paulette

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, WaGi said:

They need to offer an automated account deletion system tho, otherwise they do not act legally in many regions

No.

A contributor's account isn't akin to a web signup. It's a contractual relationship involving third parties- image licensees. The platform would be very unstable if images just disappeared at a contributor's whim- what about buyers who had viewed them and expected them to remain on offer until a decision was made? You have to wait the specified time for images to be withdrawn.

• Love 1
  • Like 4

if one wants to immediately make all one's images
NOT show up in searches could one just change
all the vowels in one's keywording, e.g.,
a=>e, e=>i, i=>o, o=>u, u=>a ???
or simply all vowels + y to "X"?
or some other nonsense results via AIM?
thus shortening 45-day period to 1 day?
I'm not doing this, I'm asking this...
🤔__🤔__🤔
Edited by Jeffrey Isaac Greenberg

47 minutes ago, Jeffrey Isaac Greenberg said:
🤔__🤔__🤔

If there is a reason you need to have images deleted Alamy will do it for you. With the new owners, new contract and all the discussion here about our liability I decided I needed to stop selling anything from a zoo or museum. I gave Alamy a list and they were no longer available in searches though if someone were in the process of licensing I assume that wouldn't have been stopped.

Paulette

14 hours ago, Jeffrey Isaac Greenberg said:
🤔__🤔__🤔

I have mentioned this before whilst pointing out that I am not suggesting it. It is in fact a breach of a contract condition- Alamy have confirmed this- because you're not accurately describing your images if you don't describe them at all.

However I would probably do it if pursuing an infringement to prevent an infringer finding out the fee for a legitimate licence.

13 hours ago, NYCat said:

I decided I needed to stop selling anything from a zoo or museum

This depends on your attitude to risk- and also probably whether or not you're in the US. I have a number of EU licenses EU and UK licenses of museum exhibits, some of them repeat sellers. IIRC one or two have even been licensed by museums.

Edited by spacecadet

I had good sales from museums and zoos too but this is not my main way of making money. Not even close. I have no desire to risk anything though I tend to think I would only have been asked to take something down. I'm supposed to have fun here.

Paulette

• Love 1