New front page ?

I'm OK with the new front page now but frustrated with the filters. I had been looking in the Uncut section and when I went back later I could not get that filter off until I waited a long time for the filter to decide to say nothing found for the image I was looking for. Only then could I remove the filter. Am I missing something?

Paulette

I just tried a search for London after looking at the lightbox for the Queen via the link on Twitter.

Nothing nada zilch!

And no filter or anything I can set or reset. If this is what clients are seeing, there soon will be not a lot of them left.

wim

• Love 1
  • Like 2

I just found a workaround for active filters that are not showing.

Click any filter button like Rights managed or Royalty free.

Wait for it to be applied (may take a while).

Now click the now visible Clear all.

The search box will work again.

So probably all invisible filters have also been cleared.

wim

Edited by wiskerke
typo
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Sultanpepa said:

I'm finding it wont let me PASTE anything previously copied into the search box. Very frustrating and will certainly put customers off.

It works for me but you have to Cmd/V or Cntrl/V as Right-click for Paste is disabled. Oddly Right-click for Copy is there. This is Chrome/IMac.

Edited by Harry Harrison

32 minutes ago, wiskerke said:

For me the 'Clear All' has always been there after clicking on the Blue Number, so you just have to open up the side panel. Of course you need to know to do that. Same with a Contributor search that has been typed in.

31 minutes ago, Harry Harrison said:

Ah yes, seems to be associated with searching after looking at the Lightbox. Not good.

It may well have been another invisible filter not related to that lightbox.

The problem with these Harry Potter spells is that the user just hasn't applied them knowingly.

wim

3 hours ago, Harry Harrison said:

It works for me but you have to Cmd/V or Cntrl/V as Right-click for Paste is disabled. Oddly Right-click for Copy is there. This is Chrome/IMac.

Ah, thanks. I hadn't thought to try that. But still not good for customers who may be computer illiterate like me.   

4 hours ago, wiskerke said:

Click any filter button like Rights managed or Royalty free.

Wait for it to be applied (may take a while).

Now click the now visible Clear all.

The search box will work again.

So probably all invisible filters have also been cleared.

wim

So how many images of the Queen appear if you select "Royalty Free"?

16 hours ago, Sultanpepa said:

Ah, thanks. I hadn't thought to try that. But still not good for customers who may be computer illiterate like me. 

In fact since they've removed the flashing video it is easier to click into the field, before that the field was separated into different 'boxes' so you had to trick your way in. More the pity then that you can't right-click and 'Paste'. No, it's ridiculous, why should obstacles be put in the way of picture buyers in such a fundamental way?