Contributor payouts via Pay Pal

Andriistepaniuk

Question

Hello. Please tell me where should I contact if I don't receive a payment and why doesn't Alami have normal technical support? I am a Contributor. Recently, we have the opportunity to withdraw funds to Pay Pal. Judging by the statement, the money was supposed to arrive on April 9-11, but nothing came.
Thanks in advance for your reply.

10 answers to this question

I will never use PayPal again, after years of doing some of my business using PayPal as a payment option,

they have held up a payment to me, from the U.S. Government?  Alamy should find a better option.  FYI

I receive payments from Alamy via ACH, Not PayPal.

Chuck

I have set it up so alamy deposits my payment directly into my bank account. I don't know if it is because i'm in Canada, but I always receive my payments latter than what alamy states.

On 08/05/2022 at 19:40, phomme said:

I have set it up so alamy deposits my payment directly into my bank account. I don't know if it is because i'm in Canada, but I always receive my payments latter than what alamy states.

Interesting. I've been told by my bank that direct deposits in foreign currencies (e.g. USD) are not allowed in Canada. This is apparently to help prevent illegal activities such as money laundering. International wire transfers cost $15 each, which is why I use PayPal. I've never had any problem with them, but it takes up to ten business days for the funds to arrive in my PP account.

11 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

Interesting. I've been told by my bank that direct deposits in foreign currencies (e.g. USD) are not allowed in Canada. This is apparently to help prevent illegal activities such as money laundering. International wire transfers cost $15 each, which is why I use PayPal. I've never had any problem with them, but it takes up to ten business days for the funds to arrive in my PP account.

I have a Canadian RBC account that is $USD and Google sends me monthly payments in USD. When I read that phomme has Alamy pay into his Canadian bank a/c  I'm going to try and set it up with this account.

Just now, Normspics said:

I have a Canadian RBC account that is $USD and Google sends me monthly payments in USD. When I read that phomme has Alamy pay into his Canadian bank a/c  I'm going to try and set it up with this account.

I seem to remember your mentioning this before. I have a USD account at RBC, but it must not be as fancy as yours.

1 minute ago, John Mitchell said:

I seem to remember your mentioning this before. I have a USD account at RBC, but it must not be as fancy as yours.

I think they only have one USD account available in Canada, I mainly use it because PayPal recognizes it as a valid bank account to transfer USD without conversion to CAD something to do with the transit code being from New York. Has been working well for over 3 years.

46 minutes ago, Normspics said:

I think they only have one USD account available in Canada, I mainly use it because PayPal recognizes it as a valid bank account to transfer USD without conversion to CAD something to do with the transit code being from New York. Has been working well for over 3 years.

Interesting. I'll check this out again. Mine is a basic USD e-account, whatever that is.

Edited by John Mitchell