Contributor payouts via Pay Pal

Andriistepaniuk

Question

Hello. Please tell me where should I contact if I don't receive a payment and why doesn't Alami have normal technical support? I am a Contributor. Recently, we have the opportunity to withdraw funds to Pay Pal. Judging by the statement, the money was supposed to arrive on April 9-11, but nothing came.
Thanks in advance for your reply.

22 answers to this question

I will never use PayPal again, after years of doing some of my business using PayPal as a payment option,

they have held up a payment to me, from the U.S. Government?  Alamy should find a better option.  FYI

I receive payments from Alamy via ACH, Not PayPal.

Chuck

I have set it up so alamy deposits my payment directly into my bank account. I don't know if it is because i'm in Canada, but I always receive my payments latter than what alamy states.

On 08/05/2022 at 19:40, phomme said:

I have set it up so alamy deposits my payment directly into my bank account. I don't know if it is because i'm in Canada, but I always receive my payments latter than what alamy states.

Interesting. I've been told by my bank that direct deposits in foreign currencies (e.g. USD) are not allowed in Canada. This is apparently to help prevent illegal activities such as money laundering. International wire transfers cost $15 each, which is why I use PayPal. I've never had any problem with them, but it takes up to ten business days for the funds to arrive in my PP account.

• Love 1

11 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

Interesting. I've been told by my bank that direct deposits in foreign currencies (e.g. USD) are not allowed in Canada. This is apparently to help prevent illegal activities such as money laundering. International wire transfers cost $15 each, which is why I use PayPal. I've never had any problem with them, but it takes up to ten business days for the funds to arrive in my PP account.

I have a Canadian RBC account that is $USD and Google sends me monthly payments in USD. When I read that phomme has Alamy pay into his Canadian bank a/c  I'm going to try and set it up with this account.

• Love 1

Just now, Normspics said:

I have a Canadian RBC account that is $USD and Google sends me monthly payments in USD. When I read that phomme has Alamy pay into his Canadian bank a/c  I'm going to try and set it up with this account.

I seem to remember your mentioning this before. I have a USD account at RBC, but it must not be as fancy as yours.

1 minute ago, John Mitchell said:

I seem to remember your mentioning this before. I have a USD account at RBC, but it must not be as fancy as yours.

I think they only have one USD account available in Canada, I mainly use it because PayPal recognizes it as a valid bank account to transfer USD without conversion to CAD something to do with the transit code being from New York. Has been working well for over 3 years.

46 minutes ago, Normspics said:

I think they only have one USD account available in Canada, I mainly use it because PayPal recognizes it as a valid bank account to transfer USD without conversion to CAD something to do with the transit code being from New York. Has been working well for over 3 years.

Interesting. I'll check this out again. Mine is a basic USD e-account, whatever that is.

Edited by John Mitchell

For some reason, money does not come at all to Pay Pal with Alamy. Pay Pal support says

"You need to check with sender is he sending you personal payment as that one is only you can receive on your PayPal account.

If they're sending it as commercial, that's why you can't receive it."

And how can it be otherwise if I am a private person and registered as a private person?

3 hours ago, Andriistepaniuk said:

For some reason, money does not come at all to Pay Pal with Alamy. Pay Pal support says

"You need to check with sender is he sending you personal payment as that one is only you can receive on your PayPal account.

If they're sending it as commercial, that's why you can't receive it."

And how can it be otherwise if I am a private person and registered as a private person?

Alamy must have a merchant (commercial) account with PayPal, so that shouldn't be a problem. Are you sure that your cleared balance is more than $50? Alamy won't pay you until you reach that amount. I've been using PayPal for years and have never had any trouble receiving Alamy payments.

You said that "we have the opportunity to withdraw funds to Pay Pal." It isn't clear what you mean. You don't withdraw the funds from Alamy. They send your cleared funds to PayPal, and then you withdraw them from PayPal to your bank account.

Edited by John Mitchell

13 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

Alamy must have a merchant (commercial) account with PayPal, so that shouldn't be a problem. Are you sure that your cleared balance is more than $50? Alamy won't pay you until you reach that amount. I've been using PayPal for years and have never had any trouble receiving Alamy payments.

You said that "we have the opportunity to withdraw funds to Pay Pal." It isn't clear what you mean. You don't withdraw the funds from Alamy. They send your cleared funds to PayPal, and then you withdraw them from PayPal to your bank account.

Yes, more than $50. I have never used Pay Pal, because in our country (Ukraine) Pay Pal started working quite recently. I’m also new to Alami, but for a long time already on Shutterstock, Adobe and many other sites, where I withdraw money through Payoneer and through SWIFT

I thought maybe something with cards (there is a master card and a visa, both in dollars and euros and in national currency), but they work with other stocks without problems. In general, it is still not very clear. PayPal support said:
"I don't see that this is personal payment and this that is problem with this transaction"
"If they send you payment as personal than you will be able to receive it on your PayPal account."

I'm waiting for a response from Alami's technical support. Maybe for some reason they did not indicate that this is a personal payment

1 hour ago, Andriistepaniuk said:

Yes, more than $50. I have never used Pay Pal, because in our country (Ukraine) Pay Pal started working quite recently. I’m also new to Alami, but for a long time already on Shutterstock, Adobe and many other sites, where I withdraw money through Payoneer and through SWIFT

I thought maybe something with cards (there is a master card and a visa, both in dollars and euros and in national currency), but they work with other stocks without problems. In general, it is still not very clear. PayPal support said:
"I don't see that this is personal payment and this that is problem with this transaction"
"If they send you payment as personal than you will be able to receive it on your PayPal account."

I'm waiting for a response from Alami's technical support. Maybe for some reason they did not indicate that this is a personal payment

Best of luck. I'm sure that doing anything in Ukraine must be extremely difficult at the moment. Hopefully, the terrible situation in your country will start to improve soon.

1 hour ago, John Mitchell said:

Best of luck. I'm sure that doing anything in Ukraine must be extremely difficult at the moment. Hopefully, the terrible situation in your country will start to improve soon.

Thank you for your wishes. It's hard now because the country is at war. We are eternally grateful to the people of Great Britain, USA, Canada, Poland and ALL the people and countries who help us, especially those who temporarily accepted our wives and children, while it is dangerous to be here. For the support provided, and especially for the new weapons. We will never forget it and will not remain in debt. Ukraine will definitely win and you will be able to visit us and see for yourself that my country is with kind and hospitable people, with a rich and very ancient history.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Andriistepaniuk said:

Thank you for your wishes. It's hard now because the country is at war. We are eternally grateful to the people of Great Britain, USA, Canada, Poland and ALL the people and countries who help us, especially those who temporarily accepted our wives and children, while it is dangerous to be here. For the support provided, and especially for the new weapons. We will never forget it and will not remain in debt. Ukraine will definitely win and you will be able to visit us and see for yourself that my country is with kind and hospitable people, with a rich and very ancient history.

I have heard about the friendliness of your people. And I’m proud my country, USA, has taken in some of your people. I know this must be stressful to settle into a country with a different language and food. Rather like a fish out of water. Hopefully one day in the near future, they can return to their homeland in peace., back to their friends and family.

• Love 2

3 hours ago, Andriistepaniuk said:

Like Betty, here in the USA, I am very proud and happy that we have been supporting the Ukrainians in many ways while it may never seem to be enough.  It is tough to watch the news and I wish I could be there, myself, to offer humanitarian help.  I think my younger self would have done it.  I hope Ukraine can win this war and rebuild to its old glory or even better!!

• Love 1

8 hours ago, Andriistepaniuk said:

I'm in Canada. I am also a Ukrainian Canadian. My grandfather came to Canada in 1925 at the age of 2. I was lucky enough to know 3 of my Ukrainian great grandparents as well. Tough people. My grandmother and my father would be absolutely devasted if they were alive to see what was going on right now. I find myself screaming at my TV a lot, and making many phone calls to various representatives here. Also on assisting in the relocations to my area, and it will never feel like enough.

One thing is has become clear during this, I know where I get my strength from, and my sarcasm. 

Stay safe. Slava Ukraini.

• Love 1

16 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

I have heard about the friendliness of your people. And I’m proud my country, USA, has taken in some of your people. I know this must be stressful to settle into a country with a different language and food. Rather like a fish out of water. Hopefully one day in the near future, they can return to their homeland in peace., back to their friends and family.

Our relatives will definitely return home after our victory. Nobody doubts that we will win.  Thank you for your civil position.

• Love 1

14 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

Like Betty, here in the USA, I am very proud and happy that we have been supporting the Ukrainians in many ways while it may never seem to be enough.  It is tough to watch the news and I wish I could be there, myself, to offer humanitarian help.  I think my younger self would have done it.  I hope Ukraine can win this war and rebuild to its old glory or even better!!

The US is doing a lot for our victory and we will definitely win! Ukraine has no right to lose, since the russians will not stop in this case and will go on to war on the Baltic countries, Poland and others. Already now they threaten the Finns and Swedes who want to defend themselves by joining NATO.

9 hours ago, MandyD said:

I'm in Canada. I am also a Ukrainian Canadian. My grandfather came to Canada in 1925 at the age of 2. I was lucky enough to know 3 of my Ukrainian great grandparents as well. Tough people. My grandmother and my father would be absolutely devasted if they were alive to see what was going on right now. I find myself screaming at my TV a lot, and making many phone calls to various representatives here. Also on assisting in the relocations to my area, and it will never feel like enough.

One thing is has become clear during this, I know where I get my strength from, and my sarcasm. 

Stay safe. Slava Ukraini.

Defeat of Russia It's just a matter of time, since there are really a lot of Russians and they have been preparing for years to fight NATO and all Western countries, but soon the West will have no one to fight with, since the Russians will physically run out and our army is doing everything possible for this now, grinding them into compost, along with their military equipment, people and idiotic imperial ambitions to create the USSR again.

Slava Ukraini - Героям слава! Ми переможемо.

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Wishing you and all your people the best in this devastating situation. I too am glad that my country, the US, is helping you and I pray for your success. Stay safe and strong. Slava Ukraini!