Got my tripod out to take a shot for the first time in about 5 or 6 years. Set up to take a selfie in the lounge for a passport type photo of my ugly mug for an ID card for a club I recently joined.

Allan

• Love 1

17 hours ago, Reimar said:

Good catch John.  That is a pretty intense rainbow.  I still had the RAW file on my computer, so I could check.  The primary rainbow was indeed there, but not so intense.  I remember waiting until the end just hit the Maid of the Mist boat.  I must have added a processed rainbow to bump it up that much.  The secondary rainbow I can hardly see on the plain RAW file, so that must be artificially enhanced as well.  Luckily I remembered to reverse the secondary rainbow spectrum.

Hey, you know, this ain't the National Geographic.  I figure with stock photography, pumping up the saturation and contrast for punchier images is a good thing 🙂

I'm sure that even the venerable National Geo does its share of photo-manipulation. It's interesting how tastes have changed. When I first started shooting digital, the owner of the small stock agency that I used to deal with told me to go easy on saturation because clients didn't like it. I'm still not a fan of being punched in the eyeballs. Guess I'm old-fashioned that way. Very nice Niagara Falls image, though.

4 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

Got my tripod out to take a shot for the first time in about 5 or 6 years. Set up to take a selfie in the lounge for a passport type photo of my ugly mug for an ID card for a club I recently joined.

Allan

Welcome to the Ugly Old Men Club. 👴

I love those stormy day bright subject shots. One of mine below.

Wight Sun vehicle and passenger ferry taken from deck of Wight Light ferry in Lymington estuary Hampshire England

wight-sun-vehicle-and-passenger-ferry-taken-from-deck-of-wight-light-DH9BRB.jpg

I ought to put a rainbow in it.

Allan

Edited by Allan Bell
  • Love 2

23 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

Welcome to the Ugly Old Men Club. 👴

How did you know that was the club I just joined. The photo ID card gets me in everywhere for nothing.

21 minutes ago, Michael Ventura said:

They let me in early! 😃

Don't believe that.

Allan

On 13/07/2021 at 17:14, John Mitchell said:

Membership has its privileges. Unfortunately, I can't remember what they are. 🙁

The main one in the UK is FREE travel on the bus.

Allan

Edited by Allan Bell
Spelling mistake

On 09/07/2021 at 17:47, Allan Bell said:

Too much work. Rather have the real thing.

I think I will go chasing rainbows. The mild form of a storm chaser.

Allan

I'm still awaiting the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow and the  'sunny uplands' that were promised and £350k for the NHS.

• Like 1

On 10/07/2021 at 09:08, BobD said:

I was sitting in my car waiting out a storm when this appeared.

rainbow-over-canary-wharf-concept-for-im

Lucky but most lovely. I'm sure this one will sell like hot cakes. Keep us posted re number of sales. Sunny uplands, Brexit, financial doom and gloom and all that. 🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jansos said:

Lucky but most lovely. I'm sure this one will sell like hot cakes. Keep us posted re number of sales. Sunny uplands, Brexit, financial doom and gloom and all that. 🙂

Strangely this has never sold, but it was taken in 2008.

I will have to re-keyword the image in light of more recent events.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

21 hours ago, BobD said:

Strangely this has never sold, but it was taken in 2008.

I will have to re-keyword the image in light of more recent events.

360 images of Canary Wharf with rainbow on Alamy. And yours comes up first row on page 1.

There has been one search for rainbow canary wharf this year according to AoA.

wim

• Love 1

Morecambe, Lancashire, UK. 30th Apr, 2020. With April showers, a rainbow shines over the Big Kid Circus on Morecambe Promenade. The travelling Circus is stranded due to the Covid-19 lockdown, unable to run its shows or to travel on to another location due to the movement restrictions, but local people and organisations have rallied round to help the circus troupe. Credit: Keith Douglas News/Alamy Live News Stock Photo

Morecambe, Lancashire, UK. 30th Apr, 2020. With April showers, a rainbow shines over the Big Kid Circus on Morecambe Promenade. The travelling Circus is stranded due to the Covid-19 lockdown, unable to run its shows or to travel on to another location due to the movement restrictions, but local people and organisations have rallied round to help the circus troupe. Credit: Keith Douglas News/Alamy Live News

Edited by Keith Douglas