Is any body else having problems uploading to Alamy Stock.
A 7 meg file takes 1.5 hours to upload

My Macs are iMac 27 and Macbook. System OXs 10.6.8 on both  computers and have plenty  of ram and memory in both machines . Firefox and Safari are up to date.

My broad band is copper wire with O2,

Speed  checks give 2 Mb./s up load.,16 Mb/s down load and tethered to computers via a router

Took the same files to Apple store and used their  10mb/s optical broad band and was just as slow.

Tried using one of the machines with OSx 10.9 Maverick and was problem with speed,

Tried several times over two days to no avail but  once the files uploaded in 3 mins  but never to be repeated again to Alamy Stock.

Slowness started about June this year

thanks Gary Blake

12mb line at home with a 6mb upload, and it takes about 2-3 mins for a 6-7mb file. In work 100Mb leased line and it's rapid so I don't think it's alamy's servers. 

Really odd one. Normally I'd say that an internet protection package or virus checker is checking each packet of data going through the firewall. Not sure if you're running anything like that on the Mac. Not sure if it's even needed as I don't run anything on any of my computers. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Gary,

I've noticed a slowness since upgrading my Macs to Mavericks. Interestingly, too, I'm having a lot of problems with the upload process when files are rejected because they cannot be located ... but this only happens if I switch to another programme. (I used to leave Safari open and my files uploading and switch to another programme and continue working whilst the files were uploading in the background. Since installing Mavericks I can't do this (I wonder if it's anything to do with AppNap, which gets the processor to cut power to 'hidden' windows.

Have searched the Internet but haven't found any solutions yet.

Hi Gary,

I've noticed a slowness since upgrading my Macs to Mavericks. Interestingly, too, I'm having a lot of problems with the upload process when files are rejected because they cannot be located ... but this only happens if I switch to another programme. (I used to leave Safari open and my files uploading and switch to another programme and continue working whilst the files were uploading in the background. Since installing Mavericks I can't do this (I wonder if it's anything to do with AppNap, which gets the processor to cut power to 'hidden' windows.

Have searched the Internet but haven't found any solutions yet.

I have this problem too just since upgrading to Mavericks. Also happens if screen saver comes on. Really frustrating as I'm having to watch the upload instead of doing something else.

Pearl

Archived