I have not received the payment from ALAMY

E_photography

Question

I was supposed to receive my first payout from Alamy by now. The amount was transferred to my account on the 4th of January, but no money was deposited from Alamy to my bank account since then. I have emailed contributors@alamy.com , but did not received any response either.
Balance brought forward: $56.14
Total sales: $0.00
Commission / charges: $0.00
Total payments to you: $-56.14
Balance carried forward: $0.00
Cleared balance: $0.00
Next payment date: Not due

Please share a piece of advice on what actions should I take.

22 answers to this question

54 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

The first thing to do is to send an e-mail to Alamy. If they tell you that the payment did not go through for some reason, then you will have to contact your bank. Have you had payment problems in the past?

Good luck.

Thank you for your response John, this is my first payout from Alamy. However, I never had any payment issues with Shutterstock and AdobeStock.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, E_photography said:
I was supposed to receive my first payout from Alamy by now. The amount was transferred to my account on the 4th of January, but no money was deposited from Alamy to my bank account since then. I have emailed contributors@alamy.com , but did not received any response either.
Balance brought forward: $56.14
Total sales: $0.00
Commission / charges: $0.00
Total payments to you: $-56.14
Balance carried forward: $0.00
Cleared balance: $0.00
Next payment date: Not due

Please share a piece of advice on what actions should I take.

E,

I have been in the international photo agency business for decades, with too many agencies or libraries around the world to list and only one agency, Alamy, during the last four decades is the only agency that I have never had to call or email "Where the Hexx is my money."  I have no idea how you have set up your payments or what country you receive your payments in? It can make a difference. 

I have direct deposit into my current U.S. bank and it is like clock work.  FYI during my over 15 years contributing to Alamy I have used three different U.S. banks.  While I do have a PayPal account for other business, I do not use PayPal for my payments from Alamy.

In other words: During the last 16 years I have NEVER ONCE had a problem with Alamy making payments to me.

Chuck

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

38 minutes ago, Chuck Nacke said:

E,

I have been in the international photo agency business for decades, with too many agencies or libraries around the world to list and only one agency, Alamy, during the last four decades is the only agency that I have never had to call or email "Where the Hexx is my money."  I have no idea how you have set up your payments or what country you receive your payments in? It can make a difference. 

I have direct deposit into my current U.S. bank and it is like clock work.  FYI during my over 15 years contributing to Alamy I have used three different U.S. banks.  While I do have a PayPal account for other business, I do not use PayPal for my payments from Alamy.

In other words: During the last 16 years I have NEVER ONCE had a problem with Alamy making payments to me.

Chuck

Dear Chuck,

I have no doubts that Alamy has transfered the money. I am concerned if there is any way I can check the status of transaction. Money was transfered 11 days ago and I have not received it yet. I have requested Alamy to inform me regarding the status of the transaction via email twice, but they are not responding.

Sincerely,

Eziz

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, E_photography said:

Dear Chuck,

I have no doubts that Alamy has transfered the money. I am concerned if there is any way I can check the status of transaction. Money was transfered 11 days ago and I have not received it yet. I have requested Alamy to inform me regarding the status of the transaction via email twice, but they are not responding.

Sincerely,

Eziz

Perhaps you should consider switching to PayPal if that is possible where you live. There can be laws against the direct deposit of foreign currencies in some countries, often to discourage illegal activities. For instance, in Canada, I cannot have US funds deposited directly into my bank account (even my US$ account), which is why I use PayPal.

• Love 2

24 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

Perhaps you should consider switching to PayPal if that is possible where you live. There can be laws against the direct deposit of foreign currencies in some countries, often to discourage illegal activities. For instance, in Canada, I cannot have US funds deposited directly into my bank account (even my US$ account), which is why I use PayPal.

That might be a solution John, but what about my 56$? Moreover, I have been receiving US funds to my bank account and had no troubles in past. I have PayPal account as well and I can switch to it, but currently I am concerned about the status of this particular transaction. 

I'm surprised you have had no answer from Alamy. I sometimes have had my computer use an address that is one Alamy uses but is not the correct one for contributors@alamy.com. Try checking the email address your computer is choosing before hitting send. You should get a form response right away and then a proper answer to your problem will follow.

Paulette

17 minutes ago, NYCat said:

I'm surprised you have had no answer from Alamy. I sometimes have had my computer use an address that is one Alamy uses but is not the correct one for contributors@alamy.com. Try checking the email address your computer is choosing before hitting send. You should get a form response right away and then a proper answer to your problem will follow.

Paulette

Dear Paulette,

I got the form response (autoreply):

"For most questions, we encourage you to ask your knowledgeable fellow photographers over on the Alamy forum: 

https://discussion.alamy.com/forum/19-community-support-ask-the-forum/.   

You can also find the answers to most questions here:

·       Our help pages: https://www.alamy.com/contributor

·       Our FAQs: https://www.alamy.com/contributor/faqs

If your email is answered via one of the below frequently asked questions then we won’t clog your inbox up with another response, we’ll assume you’re all set. If your question isn’t covered, then you can expect a response from us soon, usually well within 24 hours Mon-Fri."

Unfortunately, my question was not covered by this form and I have not received any response within 24 hours.

May I am panicing to early since this is my first payout from Alamy. Anyway I will wait and hope that it will be resolved asap.

25 minutes ago, E_photography said:

Dear Paulette,

I got the form response (autoreply):

"For most questions, we encourage you to ask your knowledgeable fellow photographers over on the Alamy forum: 

https://discussion.alamy.com/forum/19-community-support-ask-the-forum/.   

You can also find the answers to most questions here:

·       Our help pages: https://www.alamy.com/contributor

·       Our FAQs: https://www.alamy.com/contributor/faqs

If your email is answered via one of the below frequently asked questions then we won’t clog your inbox up with another response, we’ll assume you’re all set. If your question isn’t covered, then you can expect a response from us soon, usually well within 24 hours Mon-Fri."

Unfortunately, my question was not covered by this form and I have not received any response within 24 hours.

May I am panicing to early since this is my first payout from Alamy. Anyway I will wait and hope that it will be resolved asap.

You do understand that various part of the world are still grappling with the impacts of a deadly Pandemic, that employees are working under extremely difficult conditions, same trying to juggle other life responsibilities at same time - i look in awe at my neighbours working from home with 3 kids learning from home. 

But yes they didn't reply in 24 hours like usual. I don't think i have done anything like usual in over 11 months either.

6 hours ago, E_photography said:

Check with your bank.   I've had a bank in the US who took two weeks to process large checks from out of state banks.   Federal banking laws were passed to stop that.   My Nicaraguan bank takes a month to clear a foreign check.

8 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

For instance, in Canada, I cannot have US funds deposited directly into my bank account (even my US$ account), which is why I use PayPal.

Hi John, I can have funds directly deposited into my U.S. currency account in Canada, I do it quite often to avoid currency conversions from PayPal.

4 hours ago, Normspics said:

Hi John, I can have funds directly deposited into my U.S. currency account in Canada, I do it quite often to avoid currency conversions from PayPal.

That's interesting. Are you sure that you aren't using electronic wire transfer? I've been told by my banks that Canadian law only allows wire transfer of US funds (and other foreign currencies), not direct deposit. I tried wire transfer of my Alamy payouts for awhile, but I didn't like being charged $15 by my bank for each wire transfer. The transferred funds were also automatically converted to CAN$.

P.S. I've been told that the only way that I might be able to use direct deposit (as opposed to electronic wire transfer) of US funds is if I had a bank account in the US -- i.e. the funds would have to be deposited by Alamy into that account, and then I would have to transfer it to my Canadian bank account. Apparently some banks will allow this with "premium" accounts. I imagine that the funds would still be converted to CAN, though.

Edited by John Mitchell

13 minutes ago, Normspics said:

Hi John, there is a loophole, Google RBC Canadian U.S $ account, the transit number they use in Canada is from New York, PayPal has no trouble using it.

Thanks. Not sure I fully understand, but I'll check that out. I have an RBC US$ account. However, never had any problems with PP, so I'd stick with them regardless. No point in fixing something that isn't broken, especially these days.

Finaly, I have received my payment through Payoneer account. The problem was on my bank's side and on PayPal side (in my region I can send money, but can't receive). Though, I received a great customer service from Alamy, they guided me through the process.

Thank you all for your comments and assistance!

• Love 1
  • Like 2

Same problem here, first payout is long overdue for months. Did not managed to get in touch with anyone from @Alamy except an automatic email reply.

Requesting payout to US bank account, information is correct but no payout or notification was issued by @Alamy.

Recently changed the method to Paypal hoping it will work. A bit frustrating so far.
Hopefully @Alamycan give some assistance regarding this matter.

On 15/01/2021 at 07:02, Chuck Nacke said:

E,

Chuck

Likewise (17 years)

Edited by Phil Robinson

11 hours ago, dkcreative said:

Same problem here, first payout is long overdue for months. Did not managed to get in touch with anyone from @Alamy except an automatic email reply.

Requesting payout to US bank account, information is correct but no payout or notification was issued by @Alamy.

Recently changed the method to Paypal hoping it will work. A bit frustrating so far.
Hopefully @Alamycan give some assistance regarding this matter.

Did you have an upcoming payout showing on your contributor dashboard?