Support Alamy

Viktoriia

Question

19 answers to this question

16 minutes ago, Viktoriia said:

from contributors@alamy.com no answer,only a message with frequent problems.

Sorry for google translation

They mail that automatically, but if your question isn't covered with the automatic reply, someone will get back to you in a reasonable amount of time (next day or sooner, under normal conditions).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Viktoriia said:

no, it does not work, and support does not respond, only automatic messages

I have always had response from support.  Remember they started the week with a 2 weeks backlog of queries from the holidays.  as Yoda would say:  Patient must be, young Padawan 

I was also confused by the title, I thought it was a plea to provide additional support during difficult times. I'd be happy to support Alamy more, as I think (from my relatively little knowledge standpoint) that it does a pretty good job, and is much better than some of the other sites that offer a pittance. As contributors it is always easy to snipe and criticise commision rates and the like but the tone on here is mostly positive, I think. Do we need to 'big-up' Alamy more outside the confines of this forum?  How could we do it? It would, hopefully, benefit us all.

• Love 1

44 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

i am not worried about competition,  i am worried about more contributors that see it as just one place to upload images the market has enough of. 

Only two years ago on the 15 Nov 2018 that was you.

Everybody has the right to upload whatever and when ever they want

6 minutes ago, Martin L said:

Only two years ago on the 15 Nov 2018 that was you.

Everybody has the right to upload whatever and when ever they want

how was that me?  i made a commitment to learn Alamy,, see how it functions, hours of reviewing the forum,  go through AoA, What should i shoot.  and upload gaps.   70% of my images are exclusive.

Edited by meanderingemu
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

how was that me?  i made a commitment to learn Alamy,, see how it functions, hours of reviewing the forum,  go through AoA, What should i shoot.  and upload gaps.   70% of my images are exclusive.

New contributors could do exactly the same.

Unfortunately nobody knows which images the market has had enough of.

22 hours ago, spacecadet said:

NOOOOO! We don't want any more competition!

Hopefully, if Alamy flourishes we all flourish to a greater or lesser extent. If Alamy succumbs we are mostly stuffed, are we not?

On 09/01/2021 at 17:52, Martin L said:

New contributors could do exactly the same.

Unfortunately nobody knows which images the market has had enough of.

so how is that different than my statement? 

` i am worried about more contributors that see it as just one place to upload images the market has enough of. `

Go see other thread where contributor states "I don't feel like using my time to meet Alamy's requirements and will keep having irrelevant KW".  How does that help buyers?