PA Media/Alamy - Positive

PA Media journalism + Alamy photographer image = sum greater than the two parts/added value

https://blog.geographyphotos.com/2020/12/25/pa-media-own-alamy-a-positive-sign/

An extremely positive sign of good things happening at the top of the company.

Edited by geogphotos
  • Love 5
  • Like 1

Oh, cool! I assumed this would happen at some point - perhaps with photos from Alamy being bylined with an addition PA reference.

Good things to come! Hopefully the payout is equal or more than direct to Guardian.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, geogphotos said:

PA Media journalism + Alamy photographer image = sum greater than the two parts/added value

https://blog.geographyphotos.com/2020/12/25/pa-media-own-alamy-a-positive-sign/

An extremely positive sign of good things happening at the top of the company.

Thanks for highlighting this. I wonder how long this has been happening or if it's new. I like to think positively but time will tell. When the sale is notified will be interesting to hear how or if the license fee differs from the Guardian norm.

Edited by sb photos
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

interesting.  I wonder if they produce much stuff on stories that are not UK based

PA recently hired me to shoot two news stories here in Ireland.  PA’s pictures and stories feature heavily in Irish newspapers on a daily basis. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2

It will be interesting to see, not that I will 😉 , how much you get paid. One of the issues primarily on the live news side is that I was under the impression that the papers pay PA a flat fee per year, for as many pictures as they can take - which makes it's difficult for us independents when standing next to you is a photographer from PA and one from Getty, as has happened many times in the past for me. PA even send their Bristol photographer down to Cornwall on a regular basis for news / weather pics.

• Thanks 1