Hi from Japan also I have a question to ask!

visualdiarydots

Hi all!

Greetings from Japan! Hope all are well with you!

I am looking forward sharing lots of inspiration and curiosity to each other!

I have one question that I would like to ask!

How could I change my uploading images from 'the poor discovery' status to 'good discovery' status?

Welcome. Don't worry about discovery. It is very misleading. Putting tags that are not really accurate can hurt you a lot more than having only a few tags. Just put the relevant tags of what is actually in the image. Do add plurals where appropriate. Someone might search for "cat" or "cats". Add the location in caption and tags if it is relevant. Try to think like a buyer and what words they would be using to find your image.

Paulette

5 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

I wish Alamy would change this Discoverability issue.  It is misleading and could end up hurting contributors who put in non relevant tags just to get Good Discovery status.  It is a very understandable question new contributors have.

I agree. Discoverability seems to be something copied from the microstock world where the philosophy is the more the merrier rather than relevance.

Edited by John Mitchell

22 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

I wish Alamy would change this Discoverability issue.  It is misleading and could end up hurting contributors who put in non relevant tags just to get Good Discovery status.  It is a very understandable question new contributors have.

You bet. This subject is on about three threads at the moment.  To the original poster, have a look through the threads to find more discussion on this. As Paulette says, ignore it. Keyword you pictures to answer the questions Who,What, Why, Where, When, How and then add any emotional keywords such as happy, funny, sad, etc. I have 18000 images here of which only 5-600 are green. Just ignore the discoverability bar. It is your enemy.

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/9/2020 at 4:27 PM, John Mitchell said:

I agree. Discoverability seems to be something copied from the microstock world where the philosophy is the more the merrier rather than relevance.

I always had doubts about microstock, here in Brazil, microstock are the image banks, like Alamy. I don't know any other type.

14 hours ago, Jose Decio Molaro said:

I always had doubts about microstock, here in Brazil, microstock are the image banks, like Alamy. I don't know any other type.

Jose, do you see many images credited to Alamy in Brazil?

By the way, I used to live in Manaus. Ficou com saudades.

• 3 weeks later...
On 27/11/2020 at 05:21, gvallee said:

Jose, você vê muitas imagens creditadas ao Alamy no Brasil?

Aliás, eu morava em Manaus. Ficou com saudades.

Okay, I see few images of Brazil, although I did not research, the photographers from Brazil are more in Suterstock, I know few.
You lived in Manaus, it's far from here, I live farther south, in the state of Sao Paulo, I'm almost 4,000 km from Manaus

Some people forget to tick the boxes under the Optional tab in the Alamy Image Manager: Number of people and is there any property in the image.

Ticking the boxes helps the discovery status.

Also choosing the Primary and Secondary category helps.

Not sure if the location helps anything, but I do fill it out as precise as I can.

These are things that really help the discovery for clients, and not just the discovery but also the decision making.

So in general yes don't pay too much attention to the color of your discovery bar, but do fill in that upper part of the Optional tab.

wim

• Like 1