How do you qualify for a 5 star QC Rating?

Contemporary Dave

Question

14 answers to this question

Hello Dave,

Finding answers on the Website is a challenge...*

This is from the QC section of the how to sell images section:-

"Your QC Rank 

The stars on your dashboard indicate your QC Rank which is based on your pass/fail history. The more stars you have, the quicker your submissions will be checked by our QC Team. 

One Star 

• You fail QC frequently suggesting you’re not checking your work against our technical requirements before you upload. Your work takes longer for the QC Team to review and your upload ability could be frozen for 10 days 

Two Stars  

• You’ve passed your first submission and starting to consistently pass QC. Keep checking your work before you uploadyour rank will improve, and your submissions will be looked at by the QC Team quicker 

Three Stars 

• Your QC history is good, and your submissions will be spot checked by the QC Team as quickly as possible 

Four Stars 

• You consistently check your work before submittingThe QC Team prioritise reviewing your submissions and we spot check less of your images 

Five Stars 

• Well done! You obviously check your work thoroughly before you upload, and you’ve got a great QC history. We’ll only be spot checking submissions from you meaning you should fly through QC 

QC Ranks can move up or down based on your QC history and at the discretion of our QC Team. "

It sort of answers your question, as well as we outsiders can.

*Alamy - When you've the time, revising the  the FAQ's and putting a sticky at the top of the forum might be worth it. Mark Chapman had some good points the other day.

As a long standing contributor with just two QC fails (some 10 years ago) I'm still on 3 stars. I asked Alamy the same question.

The response in essence was - you've not uploaded enough images, and you're not adding them at a fast enough rate. I'm afraid you have a while to wait Dave.

1 hour ago, Contemporary Dave said:

I've been with Alamy since January and have uploaded nearly 700 images, with a 100% pass rate. My QC rating is 3/3 stars. Out of curiosity, when - or how do you qualify for a 5 star QC rating?

The truth is, nobody really knows. I think sales may have something to do with it. If a high percentage of a contributor's images do sell it makes sense to want to put their submissions up quickly. Just a guess, really. Probably lots of people will say this isn't their experience.

Paulette

15 minutes ago, NYCat said:

The truth is, nobody really knows. I think sales may have something to do with it. If a high percentage of a contributor's images do sell it makes sense to want to put their submissions up quickly. Just a guess, really. Probably lots of people will say this isn't their experience.

Paulette

This is it, I don't think anyone really knows! I am happy enough with being three star and remember getting three star status very soon after joining, on something like my third or fourth upload. It may help that early on I sold some images, one twice and for a while had a CTR rating of something crazy like 3.5 but that soon settled as I kept uploading. Most of my submissions are approved within 24 hours... the biggest wait is often for them to be in the search engine.

3 hours ago, Contemporary Dave said:

I've been with Alamy since January and have uploaded nearly 700 images, with a 100% pass rate. My QC rating is 3/3 stars. Out of curiosity, when - or how do you qualify for a 5 star QC rating?

Nine months and 700? You can see how many images I have and I didn't get one for nine years. True, there were only 3 stars until about 2018, but even so, I think you can reasonably expect to wait longer.

I don't think it  depends on sales.

Edited by spacecadet

27 minutes ago, Mr Standfast said:

I think Russell's post provides some insight into their method. The more they see of your work the clearer an opinion they can form of your compliance with the standard. That said, some very nice people don't have 5 stars.

Stay safe.

I don't think they give the stars for being nice though!

John.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Brian Yarvin said:

Not "maybe!" Absolutely!

In that case I should be on 100 stars as I am "ehem" the nicest guy around. Probably.😇

Allan

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Brian Yarvin said:

I'm stunned that this witty and lively group failed to offer the most obvious response - "If you have to ask, you don't deserve it."

Love it Brian.

Like The old saying about Rolls-Royces........

Best,

Chuck