Images Passed but Still Not For Sale

Emmanuel Taylor

Question

15 answers to this question

1 hour ago, ACC said:

I’ve got three batches loaded in the last week all passed QC, tagged and captioned but still not appearing for sale. Anyone else? Any info from Alamy?

Yes, I have the same where I have followed the usual process and two days later they are still not visible on my webpage for sale. They are not showing when I look at 'My Alamy Portfolio Page' when I look within the Alamy website either, yet they are marked as on sale in AIM. Could it be to do with over 5 million images being added in a short space of time?

Just now, Tony ALS said:

Yes, I have the same where I have followed the usual process and two days later they are still not visible on my webpage for sale. They are not showing when I look at 'My Alamy Portfolio Page' when I look within the Alamy website either, yet they are marked as on sale in AIM. Could it be to do with over 5 million images being added in a short space of time?

And interesting that my image count on this forum shows 2938 but if you click through it shows 2908🤷‍♂️.

6 minutes ago, Tony ALS said:

And interesting that my image count on this forum shows 2938 but if you click through it shows 2908🤷‍♂️.

Do you have any images awaiting deletion? That's one reason for a difference. Usually it's lower on the avatar because of images just put on sale. It can lag a day or two.

28 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

Do you have any images awaiting deletion? That's one reason for a difference. Usually it's lower on the avatar because of images just put on sale. It can lag a day or two.

Hello spacecadet. The difference isn't deleted images but the same number as those recently put on sale. The images have normally appeared the next day for me.

3 minutes ago, Tony ALS said:

After emailing contributors@alamy.com the images from the 22nd have just appeared. Perhaps a coincidence as I haven't had or expected a reply yet but hopefully the system is catching up now. Have a good weekend all.

I've never bothered to enquire about the difference. All one's annotated images are always on sale in any case.

8 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

I've never bothered to enquire about the difference. All one's annotated images are always on sale in any case.

No they’re not that was the point I raised. They are now though so happy weekend all.

1 hour ago, Betty LaRue said:

For the first times, my last two uploads didn’t go on sale until two days had passed after my doing the work. Totally unused to that. After all, Covid’s been going on for 6 months. Why now?

I wonder if the delay this week has been due to office workers being told by the government to work from home again - coronavirus cases are going up fast again in the UK, so the rules changed on Monday. It might just be taking a while to adjust to home working.

6 hours ago, VbFolly said:

I wonder if the delay this week has been due to office workers being told by the government to work from home again - coronavirus cases are going up fast again in the UK, so the rules changed on Monday. It might just be taking a while to adjust to home working.

Sounds reasonable. Maybe that’s why it seems we’re making no sales. Nobody to push the button. :D

20 hours ago, VbFolly said:

Having one co-worker who has tested positive would probably shut down a whole team if not a whole office for a while.

(Here we're in the early stages of the second wave and not doing a good job as a country. Real stats here.)

wim

• Like 1

On 26/09/2020 at 14:43, Betty LaRue said:

For the first times, my last two uploads didn’t go on sale until two days had passed after my doing the work. Totally unused to that. After all, Covid’s been going on for 6 months. Why now?

first time, nice.  

such issue seem to be reported once every few months on the forum.   i have never noticed it going beyond 72 hours.   i guess it's frustrating for News and reportage uploads (live news sitting in limbo after the 2 days) but does it really affect stock?  i think I've had one sale of an image that was i

less than 2 weeks old (excluding livenews)

and yes it's been erratic for 10 days now. 

Edited by meanderingemu