QC - new one to me

Do you have a 5-star rating? If so, your images may be handled differently. Last year, I mistakenly uploaded a noisy version of an image. It failed QC -- which it should have -- but the rest of the batch went straight through, and my 5 🌟 rating thankfully remained intact (Whew!).

2 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

Do you have a 5-star rating? If so, your images may be handled differently. Last year, I mistakenly uploaded a noisy version of an image. It failed QC -- which it should have -- but the rest of the batch went straight through, and my 5 🌟 rating thankfully remained intact (Whew!).

Yes I do. Maybe they passed this first one and then found something they didn't like!?

33 minutes ago, Mr Standfast said:

Worry about it if it fails. 😉

Not worried either way. If it fails I will crop and remove the telegraph pole and power lines. It crossed my mind at the time but I felt that it added something to the image.

Just never seen an example like this before. As you know it is usually all or nothing with QC.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

Not worried either way. If it fails I will crop and remove the telegraph pole and power lines. It crossed my mind at the time but I felt that it added something to the image.

Just never seen an example like this before. As you know it is usually all or nothing with QC.

I've never had any trouble with that kind of thing either, but I'm always a bit jittery about it.

• Like 1

That Sub is still stuck so resubmitted. 

Not sure what happened there. As I said I've never seen that before. Maybe the electricity meter ran out half way through 🤪 ( don't suppose that reference will make sense to anyone younger than about 55 in UK - in rented bedsits you used to have to put money into the meter to get any power)

Edited by geogphotos

1 hour ago, geogphotos said:

Not sure what happened there. As I said I've never seen that before. Maybe the electricity meter ran out half way through 🤪 ( don't suppose that reference will make sense to anyone younger than about 55 in UK - in rented bedsits you used to have to put money into the meter to get any power)

Hopefully you still have some shillings lying around. Good luck.

• Love 1

4 hours ago, geogphotos said:

yikes.  I've had showers where you needed to add coins to get hot water, not nice when you run out, but never electricity. 

1 hour ago, meanderingemu said:

yikes.  I've had showers where you needed to add coins to get hot water, not nice when you run out, but never electricity. 

This is most likely before your time, but in Montreal pay toilets used to be common. You had to feed a dime into the lock on the bathroom stall before you could enter. If you didn't happen to have a dime, you were out of luck. I can remember having some tense moments. 😧

2 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

This is most likely before your time, but in Montreal pay toilets used to be common. You had to feed a dime into the lock on the bathroom stall before you could enter. If you didn't happen to have a dime, you were out of luck. I can remember having some tense moments. 😧

yes before my time, but have experienced those in Europe and Asia,  or the old lady selling you the 4 squares of toilet paper in Bangkok train station

9 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

yes before my time, but have experienced those in Europe and Asia,  or the old lady selling you the 4 squares of toilet paper in Bangkok train station

Four squares! One should be enough.😌

Allan

3 hours ago, Stokie said:

Three - In the words of Red Dwarf "1 up, 1 down and 1 to polish"😄

John.

This thread is going down the pan.

Allan

17 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

Ah yes, the stingy washroom attendant selling scraps of one one-ply TP. I've encountered plenty of those as well in Latin America. Montreal's pay toilets used to inspire a lot of colourful graffiti in both official languages, but I can't repeat any of it here. This thread is definitely spiralling out of control. I wonder how Ian's stalled photos are doing?

Edited by John Mitchell

Hi Ian, 

This looks like a technical error, I've passed it on to the QC team to sort. 

You should get an email from them, so will close this thread for now ;)

Thanks,

Elisabeth 

• Alamy locked this topic