Look at these photos - I am not worthy

Colin Woods

Some amazing photographs in there.

The croc one is great.

I am always fearful of crocs when going fishing.

But like gvallee I have a few in my portfolio, it comes with living in North Australia I suppose...

😉

Here is one of mine:

a-salt-water-crocodile-also-known-as-est

• Love 2
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Regis said:

The croc one is great.

But like gvallee I have a few in my portfolio, it comes with living in North Australia I suppose...

😉

Here is one of mine:

Reminds me.  Have you seen Crocodile Dundee lately?

Allan

Thanks for sharing @Colin Woods- it got me clicking on other photos comps there - check out especially the dragonfly in the UK National Parks winners - amazing:

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/gallery/2020/mar/13/inspired-by-nature-national-parks-photography-competition-2020

Sure makes me long for the old uncrowded outdoors. Wonderful images - thanks again for bringing a little joy into our days Colin!

11 hours ago, Regis said:

The croc one is great.

😉

Here is one of mine:

award worthy!

28 minutes ago, Marianne said:

Thanks for sharing @Colin Woods- it got me clicking on other photos comps there - check out especially the dragonfly in the UK National Parks winners - amazing:

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/gallery/2020/mar/13/inspired-by-nature-national-parks-photography-competition-2020

Sure makes me long for the old uncrowded outdoors. Wonderful images - thanks again for bringing a little joy into our days Colin!

dragonfly is indeed the best one, thanks

• Love 1

35 minutes ago, Colin Woods said:

The dragonfly is excellent but I have so many fond memories of Wistman's Wood. I lived not far from Dartmoor before I moved to Quebec and we were frequent visitors to Wistmans.

Those gnarled trees in Wistman's Wood do look magical! 

1 hour ago, Marianne said:

Those gnarled trees in Wistman's Wood do look magical!

They are. In fact if ever your travels take you to the UK then the South West (Cornwall, Devon and Somerset) is a superb region - sandy beaches, dramatic cliffs, woods, hills and lovely towns and villages. I lived there for 15 years and if I had not moved to Quebec I would be there still.

• Love 1

19 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

Reminds me.  Have you seen Crocodile Dundee lately?

Allan

Not for a few years no, but I liked it as a kid...

🙂

13 hours ago, The Blinking Eye said:

award worthy!

Thank you, but I really believe that when it comes to crocs, there are some much better images out there.

On 30/04/2020 at 19:58, Colin Woods said:

They are. In fact if ever your travels take you to the UK then the South West (Cornwall, Devon and Somerset) is a superb region - sandy beaches, dramatic cliffs, woods, hills and lovely towns and villages. I lived there for 15 years and if I had not moved to Quebec I would be there still.

Have been to London (in 1974 and 1980) and Edinburgh (2007), but not to the English countryside yet - it has always been on my bucket list. God-willing I'll still get there some day. Since reading my first romance novel as a tween - maybe Daphne Du Maurier, Emily Bronte? - I've wanted to wander the moors. A photographer friend has been sharing photos of Cornwall the past few years and I've been trying to get my husband to take some time from work for a trip to the British countryside ... something to look forward to & dream about when this plague ends. Wherever they filmed Sandringham also looks lovely....I'm a bit of an Anglophile. I'd be lost without all those period dramas and murder mysteries on BBC America during this lockdown. Cliffs, castles, moors, and those charming villages. A girl can dream...

Have been to Montreal twice too, as a kid and again in my 40's - a lovely place and one I'd like to get back to. 

My daughter and grandson would have been here this week en route to spending a month in Europe, visiting our family in Italy and Spain, and my son-in-law's in Germany and Poland. Can't wait for a time when we can travel safely again, but I'm betting it's going to be a long wait. 

On 07/05/2020 at 01:55, Harry Harrison said:

For 'The Crown'? Englefield House apparently, just outside Reading. 

https://www.englefieldestate.co.uk/estate-news/englefield-house-sandringham-the-crown

LOL Sandringham sounded right but I actually meant Sandition, it was a recent PBS Masterpiece miniseries loosely based on Jane Austin's unfinished novel. But thanks for the link. The Crown is a wonderful series. I can't believe I haven't watched Netflix at all during this plague.