CTR?

Ed Rooney

Question

41 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

Well, I did say "you name it". I often go to Japanese and Vietnamese restaurants in Vancouver as well. I'm not really familiar with Korean food, though. Should give it a try. I've been mostly vegetarian (I do eat fish and shellfish) for decades now, so I miss out on most traditional Quebecois dishes because they tend to be meat-heavy. When I was a kid in Quebec, I really liked Tourtière and of course gorged myself on "patates frites" and other greasy and sugary Quebec delights. As a result, I got very tubby in my early teenage years.

same here on Quebec food...  Actually having changed my taste buds, i can't do tarte au sucre anymore.  Korean can be a bit hard for vegetarians but i also eat fish and shellfish ( i will also occasionally eat meat if it's offered to me, don't want to impose on hosts, especially on the road) 

14 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

same here on Quebec food...  Actually having changed my taste buds, i can't do tarte au sucre anymore.  Korean can be a bit hard for vegetarians but i also eat fish and shellfish ( i will also occasionally eat meat if it's offered to me, don't want to impose on hosts, especially on the road) 

Yes, taste is mostly an acquired/conditioned thing I've discovered. Don't think I'll ever kick my "French fries" addiction, though.

I'm never sure what the heck I'm eating when on the road. Also don't like to offend people.

We seem to have wandered far off the CTR track in search of food...

• Love 1

48 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

Yes, taste is mostly an acquired/conditioned thing I've discovered. Don't think I'll ever kick my "French fries" addiction, though.

I'm never sure what the heck I'm eating when on the road. Also don't like to offend people.

My CTR has dropped, not my appetite. 

• Love 1

• Love 1

• Love 1

49 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

• Love 1

23 hours ago, spacecadet said:

Ah, North Hykeham as well then? A bus in Lincolnshire is a rara avis.

NH God forbid. Soulless flat and boring place. Sorry if someone on here actually lives there but that is just my opinion.

Try further north. Uphill not downhill.

As for buses they are much better now since reorganisation and are every half hour on most routes if not all.

Allan

On 03/03/2020 at 17:05, NYCat said:

Yeah, Edo. I thought he had a problem too. Hmmmm.

Paulette

All cleared up now thanks Paulette.☺️

Allan

Gradually coming back to thread in a roundabout route.

ITMA

Edited by Allan Bell

22 hours ago, Bionic said:

I have the dubious pleasure of still living there yes although to be fair there is a fair bit of interest, as you alluded sometimes you just need a bit of yokel knowledge :)

Be joining you soon I hope. Should be completing house purchase next week. Then the work (fun) starts.

Allan

16 hours ago, spacecadet said:

I wish you well, of course, but the last time I made the mistake of moving (back) TO Lincolnshire was in 1982. I hope not to repeat the error. Just kidding. No I'm not.

Thank you Mark.

Allan

My CTR is never impressive and usually barely average but I make steady if not abundant sales and I've stopped even looking at the CTR. I just look at the zooms and fret over those. I also look at all the search terms and correct keywords from time to time.

Paulette

On 04/03/2020 at 11:19, Allan Bell said:

Be joining you soon I hope. Should be completing house purchase next week. Then the work (fun) starts.

Allan

I’m 2 years past moving and still have nightmares. I was planning on having a garage sale in April but have put that on hold because of the virus. It’s not here, yet, but expect it will come. I’m one of those with enough health issues that it wouldn’t be pretty. As, I’m sure, the same as some of you. I’m not panicking, but being proactive and cautious.

My CTR was “ok” for me recently, but has taken a plunge this week, zooms down.

Betty

12 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

I’m 2 years past moving and still have nightmares. I was planning on having a garage sale in April but have put that on hold because of the virus. It’s not here, yet, but expect it will come. I’m one of those with enough health issues that it wouldn’t be pretty. As, I’m sure, the same as some of you. I’m not panicking, but being proactive and cautious.

My CTR was “ok” for me recently, but has taken a plunge this week, zooms down.

Betty

My CTR has gone up today.

Thanks for the hint of what is to come.🤨

Allan

15 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

Always unwise to look so early in the month, I know, but my CTR is staggering for March. On one of my pseudos it's over 3. Not 0.3, 3. I'm sure it will come to its senses.

Yes, CTR often staggers around like the proverbial drunken sailor at the beginning of the month.

• Love 1