A little advice from a Mexican contributor

14 minutes ago, Adriana said:

Thanks, I will change it. I always appreciate advice. 

You might want to leave "mayans" in your keywords. It is probably used by clients in searches even though it is incorrect.

I used to write a lot about Mexico and Central America, and I've seen some real bloopers. A big Canadian newspaper chain once ran a travel story on Aztec ruins in Mexico City, and they used a picture of Tulum as the lead photo. I also remember an article about "Chicken Itza" in a Canadian travel magazine (en serio). 🙄

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, geogphotos said:

Here is an image with misspellings - it has sold quite well.

I0000o6MmkLYhwuc.jpg

It sells well because he's making them an offera they cannott reffuss...

Edited by riccarbi

On 21/02/2020 at 05:46, Sally said:

I look at the search terms that have been used each day for my images and it’s a very useful way of finding misspellings in both keywords and captions.

How and where do you look up the search terms?

On your Dashboard, click on 'Measures', then 'Your Images' and you can search by date to see which of your images turned up when particular search terms were used. It is updated daily except at weekends. You will see what search terms was used for any images that were zoomed, too, and how many images were viewed and zoomed in total. If, for example, only one image was zoomed and it was yours, you can keep your fingers crossed that it may result in a sale. You can also spot images which may have inappropriate tags.

If you've been a contributor for 10 years, have you never seen it?

Edited by Sally

I update our customer search activity weekly onto a spreadsheet dating back to 2011, but had not been aware that the search terms are available. When I click on my zooms, I read "this page shows all the views and zooms your images have received for a given search term. You can click on an image to modify the keywords associated with it." But can I access what those search terms are? I can't find the magic button.

On 27/02/2020 at 14:07, Janis D said:

I update our customer search activity weekly onto a spreadsheet dating back to 2011, but had not been aware that the search terms are available. When I click on my zooms, I read "this page shows all the views and zooms your images have received for a given search term. You can click on an image to modify the keywords associated with it." But can I access what those search terms are? I can't find the magic button.

l have been wondering if Janis D returned to the thread and saw my advice so I am quoting in order to generate a notification.  Just click on your pseudo instead of the zooms. You can bring your zooms to the top of the column by clicking on the black bar at the top.

Paulette

You are correct. But are picture buyers aware of it?

I sometimes keyword the famous Canal Grande or Grand Canal in Venice as Canale Grande, because many people make this mistake and it might lead to sales.

didn't want to start a new thread. 

Can someone validate what this Mexican instrument's name is.  All quick searches for Mexican string instruments come up with things with indents like a guitar, not oval shapes like this.. thanks,

2B53GNN.jpg

2 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

didn't want to start a new thread. 

Can someone validate what this Mexican instrument's name is.  All quick searches for Mexican string instruments come up with things with indents like a guitar, not oval shapes like this.. thanks,

2B53GNN.jpg

Looks like a guitarra conchera. Scroll down to the bottom of this page. Traditionally, they are made from armadillo shells.

The young lady is dressed as a conchero dancer, I believe. Very nice image. I bet it licenses pronto.

Adriana will know for sure.

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

Looks like a guitarra conchera. Scroll down to the bottom of this page. Traditionally, they are made from armadillo shells.

The young lady is dressed as a conchero dancer, I believe. Very nice image. I bet it licenses pronto.

Adriana will know for sure.

thanks that's it.  I remember seeing shells around the shrines they were dancing around, Senor de la Conquista in San Miguel de Allende, pas didn't make the link with the instrument.  and conchera makes sense....

Thanks you for the compliment.  I was lucky as i got some decent images early on before the crowds showed up....  I'm going to miss Mexican festivity.   

ADD.  Yeah i still need to work on some of the specifics of what is in the image.  I became more prevalent with the Zapotec stuff in Oaxaca, and the HueHues in Tlaxcala.  This was a total not prepared, didn't even know about the festivities until someone mentioned it 2 days before.

Edited by meanderingemu