Not all images appearing in my Contributer Portfolio

Contemporary Dave

Question

Hi all

First time poster here and only have just joined Alamy in the last few days. So far I've only uploaded a very small amount of images (around 150), so I know I have to upload a hell of a lot more!

I've noticed that not all of my images that have passed QC and are on sale are not showing up in my contributor portfolio. Is there any reason for this?

Edited by Contemporary Dave

1 hour ago, Contemporary Dave said:

Hi all

First time poster here and only have just joined Alamy in the last few days. So far I've only uploaded a very small amount of images (around 150), so I know I have to upload a hell of a lot more!

I've noticed that not all of my images that have passed QC and are on sale are not showing up in my contributor portfolio. Is there any reason for this?

If you've tagged and captioned them today, they won't show until after the server update tonight. The "on sale" flag in AIM is a bit misleading in that respect.

I have a related question: Alamy Image Manager records my total images as numbering 11,244 but my Alamy Portfolio only displays 9,024.  Can anyone account for such a substantial disparity? I doubt very much that failed submissions account for more than a couple of hundred images.

1 hour ago, Philip Game said:

Alamy Image Manager records my total images as numbering 11,244 but my Alamy Portfolio only displays 9,024

Are you able to download your csv from the Alamy Image Manager page - "Send me my data"? That should help you see what might be going on but some get an error message when they try to do this.

Edit:

The download csv doesn't include failed batches but it does have a status column for "Not on sale" or "On sale" for images that might not be on sale for other reasons.

Edited by Harry Harrison

14 minutes ago, JaniMarkus Hasa said:

Dave, I think you should check your keywording. Under caption "Close up of rusty winch on Aldeburgh beach. Aldeburgh, Suffolk. England" you have tags like: cod, crab, dramatic sky, fish, fishermen, fishing boats, seaside town, seaview and so on. 

Thanks for the heads up - it is actually a winch for a fishing boat, but I'll correct it. It must have accidentally been selected when doing another image.

Out of interest, how do you read someone else's keywords?

22 hours ago, Harry Harrison said:

Again in your AIM, there is a filter for 'Quality Control' so you can check 'Failed', how many does that bring up?

Thanks Harry, I needed to explore the Filter options in A.I.M.  I can see now that the 'headline' number refers to every single image of mine which has ever entered the Alamy system. Deducting Failed images, Deleted images and Images Awaiting Deletion brings me much close to the 9024 currently on display to a curious world.

21 hours ago, lucilup said:

Hello,

I've got the same question here. It's been more than 72 hours since my images were put "ON SALE" and they're still not  showing up. 

Is this common?

Thanks.

I'm also waiting, keywords added Thursday afternoon.. images not still not showing as of this morning.

13 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

so much for No Change, and business as usual 😉

Sadly, as you say, business as usual and extremely frustrating. It always seems to happen when I've worked on a large number of images too. If there's a connection then I apologies

2 hours ago, Avpics said:

Sadly, as you say, business as usual and extremely frustrating. It always seems to happen when I've worked on a large number of images too. If there's a connection then I apologies

probably me actually....  i had images of introduction of the queen and princess for a smaller Mexican Carnival which starts in 10 days, not much point in live news, so rushed them through stock on thursday after making sure them I had direct QC.  oh well, probably little chance of sales, but it would be nice to have had a chance...  

5 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

......not much point in live news.....probably little chance of sales, but it would be nice to have had a chance...  

A number of mine are follow-up live news, including TV celebs and the extreme weather, which I didn't have time to work on to meet the instant deadline/needed more time for processing and assumed they'd be on sale next day. Kicking myself now for sticking to the 'rules' and not uploading more as news after a longer delay.

• Love 1

On 03/02/2020 at 22:44, Philip Game said:

I have a related question: Alamy Image Manager records my total images as numbering 11,244 but my Alamy Portfolio only displays 9,024.  Can anyone account for such a substantial disparity? I doubt very much that failed submissions account for more than a couple of hundred images.

I have a similar, but much smaller, difference between live images count and reported images when I look at Manage Images. I'm pretty sure, that every upload, removed file, rejection and "whatever" forever back to the day I opened my account, is counted in the number showing in image manager, while looking at my portfolio is the real number of live images, available to customers. Mine is only 83 different, but I think that's the cause, not missing content.

On 04/02/2020 at 00:29, Harry Harrison said:

Again in your AIM, there is a filter for 'Quality Control' so you can check 'Failed', how many does that bring up?

That's right and accounted for some, upload errors may be some more. But I'm convinced nothing is missing. 😎

2 hours ago, Avpics said:

A number of mine are follow-up live news, including TV celebs and the extreme weather, which I didn't have time to work on to meet the instant deadline/needed more time for processing and assumed they'd be on sale next day. Kicking myself now for sticking to the 'rules' and not uploading more as news after a longer delay.

but then they would be also in limbo now, as your last Live News images I can see on Stock are from Feb 10th... i

something else is odd.  Just did search on "Clara UK 2020" and there is no results, even though i see some images in your Portfolio

Edited by meanderingemu

14 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

search on "Clara UK 2020" and there is no results

That would be because it was Ciara, but yes, as you say, all live news images more than three days old are now invisible.

Edit: Not all, obviously, that would be ridiculous, but all waiting for the update.

Edited by Avpics

1 minute ago, Avpics said:

That would be because it was Ciara, but yes, as you say, all live news images more than three days old are now invisible.

Edit: Not all, obviously, that would be ridiculous, but all waiting for the update.

thanks.  better   I think the uncertainty makes things worse....

Edited by meanderingemu

3 minutes ago, Avpics said:

i'm imagining the worse at this point (all the IT people being let go.....)  🙂 ......  i'm going to go for a walk see what i can find my last week-end in Oaxaca , get back my sanity....

10 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

..i'm going to go for a walk see what i can find my last week-end in Oaxaca , get back my sanity....

Good luck. An additional frustration is that of the recent images available in my port including of Ciara, or even Clara, is the hours of detail keywording yet to update, so even those images which are available won't be performing well.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Avpics said:

Good luck. An additional frustration is that of the recent images available in my port including of Ciara, or even Clara, is the hours of detail keywording yet to update, so even those images which are available won't be performing well.

Monday morning and still nothing.....  also weird that on the Forum list of "Who's online" there is no Alamy logged in.....