I've just had my second Alamywhack zoom in the space of about a year. This proves that there are still, even among 180 million images, opportunities to take unique shots that give meaningful results for buyers.

Alan

• Like 1

Last week I had a 3 word search (so not an Alamywhack) return just 1 image - mine! Then a couple of days later a 4 word search return just 1 image - mine; and it was zoomed!!

So i'm awaiting a 4 figure sale for each!!

John. 

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Inchiquin said:

I've just had my second Alamywhack zoom in the space of about a year. This proves that there are still, even among 180 million images, opportunities to take unique shots that give meaningful results for buyers.

Alan

nice.  my only Alamywhack my image was sadly even more marginal than the search subject itself....  

We only have one Alamywhack image as far as I know. As it was shot in our back garden I’m guessing it’s fairly safe!

I have regular Alamywhacks but, although they often sell, it does not necessarily mean that they sell for the price they should sell, given their rarity. That is one of the sad facts about today's Alamy, no consideration is given to the rarity or uniqueness of the image. A historical or unique image of something that cannot be found elsewhere on the Internet demands no premium, it is sold under the same rules as a sunset image, of which there are millions.

• Like 2

The relatively small number of  Alamywhacks might make the keywords rare but unfortunately that does not necessarily make the actual image sought after.

In our case the subject matter is not rare but as I added where the image was taken it became an Alamywhack. (Clue: The two words appear together in a famous Matthew Arnold poem)

It has never sold! 

20 hours ago, Thyrsis said:

We only have one Alamywhack image as far as I know. As it was shot in our back garden I’m guessing it’s fairly safe!

Putting your home address in the keywords is cheating!

Edited by Phil Robinson
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Phil Robinson said:

Putting your home address in the keywords is cheating!

Just the village, not the street or house name!! 🤭

do you lose credit for an Alamywhack when your own competition is yourself?  two word search with 6 results, all mine. one zoom.... 

5 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

do you lose credit for an Alamywhack when your own competition is yourself?  two word search with 6 results, all mine. one zoom.... 

Name the search and I'll answer you 😉

• Haha 1