Alamywhack zoom

I've just had my second Alamywhack zoom in the space of about a year. This proves that there are still, even among 180 million images, opportunities to take unique shots that give meaningful results for buyers.

Alan

• Love 2

Last week I had a 3 word search (so not an Alamywhack) return just 1 image - mine! Then a couple of days later a 4 word search return just 1 image - mine; and it was zoomed!!

So i'm awaiting a 4 figure sale for each!!

John. 

54 minutes ago, Inchiquin said:

I've just had my second Alamywhack zoom in the space of about a year. This proves that there are still, even among 180 million images, opportunities to take unique shots that give meaningful results for buyers.

Alan

nice.  my only Alamywhack my image was sadly even more marginal than the search subject itself....  

I have regular Alamywhacks but, although they often sell, it does not necessarily mean that they sell for the price they should sell, given their rarity. That is one of the sad facts about today's Alamy, no consideration is given to the rarity or uniqueness of the image. A historical or unique image of something that cannot be found elsewhere on the Internet demands no premium, it is sold under the same rules as a sunset image, of which there are millions.

• Love 1

The relatively small number of  Alamywhacks might make the keywords rare but unfortunately that does not necessarily make the actual image sought after.

In our case the subject matter is not rare but as I added where the image was taken it became an Alamywhack. (Clue: The two words appear together in a famous Matthew Arnold poem)

It has never sold! 

20 hours ago, Thyrsis said:

We only have one Alamywhack image as far as I know. As it was shot in our back garden I’m guessing it’s fairly safe!

Putting your home address in the keywords is cheating!

Edited by Phil Robinson
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, kwibob said:

What is an Alamywhack ?

I was going to ask the same thing...  maybe goes with a secret Alamyhandshake.

Edited by Phil

An Alamywhack has to be just two words.

I can’t remember who first started this game but it’s based on a Googlewhack which is described by Wikipedia as:

A Googlewhack is a contest for finding a Google search query consisting of exactly two words without quotation marks that returns exactly one hit. A Googlewhack must consist of two words found in a dictionary.”

EDIT Looking back I think it was spacecadet! https://discussion.alamy.com/topic/6449-alamywhacks-whos-unique/?tab=comments#comment-107896

EDIT 2. I was wrong, there’s an older thread.....

Edited by Thyrsis
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Thyrsis said:

I can’t remember who first started this game but it’s based on a Googlewhack which is described by Wikipedia as:

A Googlewhack is a contest for finding a Google search query consisting of exactly two words without quotation marks that returns exactly one hit. A Googlewhack must consist of two words found in a dictionary.”

EDIT Looking back I think it was spacecadet! https://discussion.alamy.com/topic/6449-alamywhacks-whos-unique/?tab=comments#comment-107896

Didn't know that...

Edited by Ognyan Yosifov

4 hours ago, Thyrsis said:

actually quoting @spacecadet in the thread "Mine happened to be 2 words, but no, I think any search qualifies. The longer the funnier, judging by Wim's collection."

does the Alamywhack rules also demands found in dictionary?   my word ones have been related to places and people...

8 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

does the Alamywhack rules also demands found in dictionary?   my word ones have been related to places and people...

No, because it's about Alamy searches which may well include names of places and people that are not in the dictionary.

Alan

On 17/01/2020 at 10:35, Sally said:

Got a four word Alamywhack today, but I don’t suppose that counts. Not sure it was what the searcher was looking for though 😕

That could be an Alamywhackwhack.

Alan

• Love 1