I have a digital photo of Princess Diana taken in 1985 which I am wanting to list as stock, under a rights managed licence.  Understand I don't need a model release for an editorial photo but since the photo is so old I wanted to make sure.    I have just called both Buckingham Palace and Clarence House and have been informed that they have never heard of a 'model release' and that I am free to publish the photo as I choose.  Does anyone know if this is correct?  Any advice would be hugely appreciated.

Don't see what age has to do with it?  I'm no expert on releases (and from the response form Buck & Clarence Houses, it would seem that I'm far from alone in that regard!), but I would have no problem in licensing the image as RM.

Definitely agree, license it as RM with no problems (Do NOT licence it as RF - if subsequently used in a way that the family are not happy with you might have a problem!)

Kumar

Definitely agree, license it as RM with no problems (Do NOT licence it as RF - if subsequently used in a way that the family are not happy with you might have a problem!)

Kumar

Is it only me who had a vision about the Tower of London??? Haha

Archived