Back of the Net!

Stephen Lloyd

Imagine sitting at home, drink in hand, watching a new sports series on Amazon Prime called "Back Of the Net". During a segment where Harry Redknapp (he of his dog Rosie fame) is sat telling a true story to the camera, illustrated by a number of pictures on screen. Whoa! I recognise that pic, freeze, rewind and pause to see one of my Alamy images in glorious not 4K, not HDR, not Dolby Vision or HDR10+, but still on TV. Check my sales - nothing there. Now I understand delays in payments etc so this is now one series I will watch. The pic was used to illustrate Sheffield Wednesday FC -  GEB3RE  

• Like 4

On 29/08/2019 at 15:17, Colin Woods said:

And this morning I opened Alamy and thought "is that one of my photos on the front page?". And it is. Sat back now waiting for fame and fortune to sweep me to new heights and wondering how I will spend the first million.

Where away?

In other words which one?

Allan

5 hours ago, Colin Woods said:

This one, a building in Toronto. 

Modern architecture at Number 1 University Avenue, Toronto - Stock Image

Good image. Good crop too on the front page.

Do these things lead to sales?

Pity the image is still not linked to it's zoom page and that the info button does not provide a link either. Like to more from this photographer or even his/her portfolio page if there is one.

wim

53 minutes ago, wiskerke said:

Pity the image is still not linked to it's zoom page and that the info button does not provide a link either.

Agreed. Quite often I see a great shot on the front page and would like to have a link to the portfolio. It can't be that hard to do surely, compared to all the things that Alamy are working on. Its the first time that I have been on the front page so I don't know if it leads to sales. Probably not. 

3 minutes ago, Colin Woods said:

Agreed. Quite often I see a great shot on the front page and would like to have a link to the portfolio. It can't be that hard to do surely, compared to all the things that Alamy are working on. Its the first time that I have been on the front page so I don't know if it leads to sales. Probably not. 

First time you know of.

wim

14 hours ago, Colin Woods said:

This one, a building in Toronto. 

Modern architecture at Number 1 University Avenue, Toronto - Stock Image

Love it. Very arty. Could be Art Deco.

Allan

The only TV sale that I've actually seen in use was from the 2018 'Beast from the East' used by ITV to illustrate the difference between that and a heatwave that followed in about March that year. They set up a camera at the same spot to morph my still image into their moving picture. I hope this link works. Sale reported about a month later.

On 31/08/2019 at 03:31, wiskerke said:

Good image. Good crop too on the front page.

Do these things lead to sales?

Pity the image is still not linked to it's zoom page and that the info button does not provide a link either. Like to more from this photographer or even his/her portfolio page if there is one.

wim

Totally agree. Linking would be better. In the past I liked some images and all I could see was the photographer's name (not even what it was a picture of). I then had to physically copy and paste the filekey to see what it was. 

I had two images used as front cover, but I don't think they have led to any sales.