Jump to content

what do people think of the new search function?


Recommended Posts

Ran into a problem straightaway as the image dragged on to the search box has to be less than 5Mb. Nearly all my images uploaded to  Alamy are over that size, so I can;t even see if it will find my own images without downsizing them for the purpose of searching.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Penelope B said:

Can you still see the Live News feed? I have had a quick look and it seems to have been replaced with the picture search? 

 

I used the search, and for what I entered and found it initially appears effective.

 

Searching for Photos (stock) I searched for my images shot last weekend, St Pauls Carnival.  All 48 showed up along with others from previous years. Appending the search with 2019 found this years carnival pictures.

 

By selecting search Live news, then Browse Live News Feed you can then browse all there.

 

I then searched Live News with 15th July 2019 entered, and what appeared to be the days uploads were found. 

 

Looks promising.

Edited by sb photos
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Probably a good thing, as Michael says; if ones images are found on the web, an easy way for buyers to find and purchase/re purchase.  Not working for me in Firefox though, might be doing something wrong.  Tried to drag a few images from google, images.  

 

Helen

Edited by hsessions
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Totally unimpressed.

I used one of my Indian relay photos for a search. It found that one but the rest of them were of regular horse jockey type photos.

Very poor IMO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rico said:

Totally unimpressed.

I used one of my Indian relay photos for a search. It found that one but the rest of them were of regular horse jockey type photos.

Very poor IMO.

 

Rico what browser are you using?  Still no luck using Firefox.  I used an image I have on flickr that is on alamy, no results found.

 

OK, never mind so, I am a bit slow.  Figured it out.  Not like searching in Google.  Must click on the camera icon to open up a window to drop image into.  I feel dumb now.  And, the URL link must have an PNG or JPG extension, okay got it.

Edited by hsessions
confused
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, hsessions said:

 

Rico what browser are you using?  Still no luck using Firefox.  I used an image I have on flickr that is on alamy, no results found.

 

Ok, never mind so, I am a bit slow.  Figured it out.  Not like searching in Google.  Must click on the camera icon to open up a window to drop image into.  I feel dumb now.

No problem, I've done stuff like that too 🤡

Edited by Rico
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, sb photos said:

 

I used the search, and for what I entered and found it initially appears effective.

 

Searching for Photos (stock) I searched for my images shot last weekend, St Pauls Carnival.  All 48 showed up along with others from previous years. Appending the search with 2019 found this years carnival pictures.

 

By selecting search Live news, then Browse Live News Feed you can then browse all there.

 

I then searched Live News with 15th July 2019 entered, and what appeared to be the days uploads were found. 

 

Looks promising.

Not really thinking about stock images, when this makes sense, but for live news? Thanks for that, it helps. Long winded way to see what has been posted, unless you are looking for specific live news.  Must admit prefer the old lay out, but this is progress, right?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Penelope B said:

.... but for live news? Thanks for that, it helps. Long winded way to see what has been posted, unless you are looking for specific live news.  Must admit prefer the old lay out, but this is progress, right?

Unless I'm misunderstanding Penny, the old live news feed is still available https://www.alamy.com/news/newsresults.aspx

 

'Live News' as an option in the normal search box will hopefully bring in more trade but I wonder if the customer will be happy to pay live fees if they're really looking for stock?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.