deleting upload

Hi1 I can't find a search button on the forum pages so I don't know if this has been covered.

I have deleted a few images using the 'optional' page on the manage my images page. However they are still

for sale on the site. Why is this?

Thanks for any help.

Sandra

If my suspicion is correct, you have deleted images that was already on sale. They will stay on sale for six months before they are deleted (and searchable for three, I believe). You cannot change anything when first done.

You can delete images in the way you describe before they go on sale - and they won't turn up in your portfolio.

Niels

1. You may delete any Images after one hundred and eighty (180) days notice, subject to the section entitled "Pricing and Promotion". This is in addition to your rights to terminate the contract set out below.

https://www.alamy.com/terms/contributor.asp#Submission-and-deletion-of-Images

Niels

1 hour ago, Sandra Heath said:

Hi1 I can't find a search button on the forum pages so I don't know if this has been covered.

The search button is in the top right corner.

It offers various filters for your search.

Gen

if you don't want images to be searchable after deletion you can change the caption and keywords to just an x or a z or whatever. When I first started submitting to Alamy I uploaded almost anything and ended up with a portfolio full of utter sh*te. When I saw the light and was deleting the utter sh*te (I dumped 2000 of my 4000 images) I changed all the caption and keywords to just x. I wanted those horrors to be invisible and unfindable. 

4 hours ago, Colin Woods said:

if you don't want images to be searchable after deletion you can change the caption and keywords to just an x or a z or whatever. When I first started submitting to Alamy I uploaded almost anything and ended up with a portfolio full of utter sh*te. When I saw the light and was deleting the utter sh*te (I dumped 2000 of my 4000 images) I changed all the caption and keywords to just x. I wanted those horrors to be invisible and unfindable. 

Not so sure it is a good idea.

https://discussion.alamy.com/topic/8384-best-quickest-way-to-delete-images/

5 hours ago, Colin Woods said:

Hi Colin,

After checking out this idea, it doesn't work if like me you'd already  deleted the image, ie there is no option to alter keywording, and other discussions say it's breaking your contract anyway.

I had entered 2 images into a competition which needed to be exclusive to that site, I'll just have to withdraw them from the competition. This is the only site I submit to that does not delete immediately, on request.  It also means that should someone wish to buy the rights of an image on another site I would have to refuse! 

Thank you all for your comments,

Sandra

22 minutes ago, Sandra Heath said:

Hi Colin,

After checking out this idea, it doesn't work if like me you'd already  deleted the image, ie there is no option to alter keywording, and other discussions say it's breaking your contract anyway.

I had entered 2 images into a competition which needed to be exclusive to that site, I'll just have to withdraw them from the competition. This is the only site I submit to that does not delete immediately, on request.  It also means that should someone wish to buy the rights of an image on another site I would have to refuse! 

Thank you all for your comments,

Sandra

It may be useful to know that you can change things for a deleted image that is still pending using Alamy Lightroom Bridge, as LR and Alamy can still ‘talk’ to each other. In other words, you can make any changes you want in LR, and set metadata upon export. This won’t help the OP as her images are still on sale. But, if for example, you forgot to move a deleted image into a different pseudo, you can do it this way.

14 hours ago, Colin Woods said:

This is deprecated by Alamy and is strictly a breach of contract. A buyer may have an image on a lightbox and be dischuffed to find it's gone when he wants to refer to it. As Alamy say it "interferes with the buyer experience" or some such.

The above does not constitute a recommendation to avoid the practice or mean that some have not done it. I merely point it out.

However, if there's a good reason to delete instantly, for example improved duplicate images, Alamy will oblige.

4 hours ago, spacecadet said:

A buyer may have an image on a lightbox and be dischuffed to find it's gone when he wants to refer to it.

I'm not sure that works. The image is still on the database waiting to be deleted after the 180 days, but just doesn't have the search terms for it to be found by any new searches.

Archived