Cambridge meet up of Alamy contributors

It is that time of year again when we arrange our next Cambridge meet up and it is suggested that we have it at the usual place and time.

The date we are looking at is 31st October at The Wrestlers on Newmarket road in Cambridge, CB5 8JE meeting up at 12 noon. There is plenty of parking in nearby car parks.

If anyone in the area, or is visiting from outside the area or from overseas, would like to join us please come along we always like to see new faces.

For anyone who is interested in visiting and does not know the area please ask for help.

Hope to see you there.

Allan

On 14/09/2018 at 20:29, Colblimp said:

This is so tempting, I'd love to meet more Alamy heads.

I thought you had started a new group in Eire?

Well at least two of you met up I believe. Could you not expand on that?

Allan

BUMP

11 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

I thought you had started a new group in Eire?

Well at least two of you met up I believe. Could you not expand on that?

Allan

BUMP

As far as I know there's me and Andy in my part of the world and another Alamy head in Cork.  I know of no others.

Does this mean I'm not welcome at the Cambridge meet-up?! :(

18 hours ago, Colblimp said:

As far as I know there's me and Andy in my part of the world and another Alamy head in Cork.  I know of no others.

Does this mean I'm not welcome at the Cambridge meet-up?! :(

NO!  That is not what I meant.:o  I'm sorry that you thought that.:(

We would love to see you at our meetings. Please call in when you are in this part of the world and we will even arrange a special meeting just for you, and any others who may wish to come. As long as they are Alamy contributors, or even Alamy staff. YES! We would welcome people from Alamy too.:)

Allan

7 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

NO!  That is not what I meant.:o  I'm sorry that you thought that.:(

We would love to see you at our meetings. Please call in when you are in this part of the world and we will even arrange a special meeting just for you, and any others who may wish to come. As long as they are Alamy contributors, or even Alamy staff. YES! We would welcome people from Alamy too.:)

Allan

Gee, thanks! :)

• 3 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, LawrensonPhoto said:

Is this still happening, I'm in Cambridge on that day

Yes it is and thanks for the reminder. We will be very pleased to see you.:)

Hey everybody including the regulars please say if you are coming to the meet  as arranged in my post above.:huh:

We generally try to get there on the dot of 12 noon or slightly earlier for when the Wrestlers open their doors.;)

If you or anyone else needs any info, parking, etc., please ask. If I don't answer there will be someone else who will fill in for me. I hope.:(

Allan

2 hours ago, Mike Brooks said:

Hi Allan,

just a short drive down the A14 for me, so I'll see you there!

Michael

Hi Mike, That's great another new face.

Kumar (Doc) reckons he will be there too and I think MDM is going to be there also.

Allan

12 hours ago, digi2ap said:

Hi Allan.  

Won't be able to make this one so will defer until next time.  All the best to you, Doc and all the other Cambridge group regulars.

Anthony  

We will miss you, hope to see you next time.

Allan

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, John Morrison said:

Hi, Cambridge folk...

I'm in the area, so thought to join your gathering tomorrow. Not knowing Cambridge very well, would it be best for me (and my camper van) to park near the pub... or use park and ride??

Hi John,

Would love to see you there.

Suggest you park at Newmarket road park and ride. There is a bus stop just across the road from The Wrestlers pub. Or just a bit further and you should be able to park in the retail park car parks, again just across the road from the Wrestlers, which are free. Watch the allowed parking times though. The one opposite the Wrestlers is for 4 hours, others may only be three hours.

You could also park in the Tesco car park at the rear of the Wrestlers. (3 hours max).

The pub doors open at 12 noon and we try to be there for opening. They close at three but we often leave after something to eat and reconvene in a local coffee house.

Superb Thai food by the way.

There should be a good gathering this time with possibly 7 or 8 at the last count.

Now we need to find a bigger table.:)

Allan

6 hours ago, Alamy said:

Can we come to the next one? :)

YES! Definitely.

In fact you were invited in one of my posts above. We would like to see someone from Alamy from time to time.

Allan

6 minutes ago, Matt Limb said:

Missed it again .............. and drove past Cambridge about 1:30 on my way back. 

Maybe next time ...

I am sure I sent you an email as you are on our mailing list.

Allan

Archived