Cambridge meet up of Alamy contributors

19 minutes ago, LawrensonPhoto said:

Nice meeting you all! see you next time :)

Yes it was good to see new faces at the meeting and that you and Michael have elected to be on our round robin email list. John Morrison also attended, as he said he would, and added his views to the discussion content mix.

We hope to see you all in the future, at least from time to time when you are able to make the meetings. Thank you for taking the time to come to this one.

We will be sending out emails in the New Year advising the date for the next meeting which is looking like early February at the moment.

Allan

A big thank you to all who came to our umpteenth meeting. Don't know how many meetings but the group has been going since 2014 and long may it continue.

Allan

14 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

I am sure I sent you an email as you are on our mailing list.

Allan

Allen you did, my original schedule was returning from France last night hence my no attendance reply; but made an earlier return.

Maybe next time ... 

12 hours ago, John Morrison said:

Very good to meet you all this lunchtime, and chat about all things Alamy. Parked up in Royston this evening; even without make-up I’ve been mistaken for the undead - twice - and the night is yet young…

I'm glad to see that the Cambridge meetups are still well attended, and I still hope that one of them might coincide with one of my visits to Cambridge.

Hi John

I was one of the original attendees of the Cambridge meetups. I moved to near Morecambe 18 months ago and I don't think I'm too far from where you are based.

Do you think there might be some interest in setting up a similar group in North Lancashire / South Cumbria? 

Keith

[Apologies to the Cambridge folks for hijacking your thread]

4 minutes ago, Keith Douglas said:

Hi John

I was one of the original attendees of the Cambridge meetups. I moved to near Morecambe 18 months ago and I don't think I'm too far from where you are based.

Do you think there might be some interest in setting up a similar group in North Lancashire / South Cumbria? 

Keith

I used to live in South Cumbria, Keith, but now I live in a camper van, mostly to keep one step ahead of my creditors. Don't know how much interest there'd be for a local Alamy group in the area (and it's a shame that Alamy stopped contributors emailing each other)...

7 minutes ago, John Morrison said:

I used to live in South Cumbria, Keith, but now I live in a camper van, mostly to keep one step ahead of my creditors. Don't know how much interest there'd be for a local Alamy group in the area (and it's a shame that Alamy stopped contributors emailing each other)...

That's a shame (that you don't live in South Cumbria). If I can find one or two other Alamy contributors locally it might be enough to get something off the ground, which is pretty much what happened in Cambridge. And yes, it's a shame that we can't message other contributors any more.

20 hours ago, John Morrison said:

Very good to meet you all this lunchtime, and chat about all things Alamy. Parked up in Royston this evening; even without make-up I’ve been mistaken for the undead - twice - and the night is yet young…

Sorry to hear that.:o:)

Allan

8 hours ago, Keith Douglas said:

That's a shame (that you don't live in South Cumbria). If I can find one or two other Alamy contributors locally it might be enough to get something off the ground, which is pretty much what happened in Cambridge. And yes, it's a shame that we can't message other contributors any more.

We all agree with your sentiment Keith, in fact it was mentioned at our meeting yesterday.

We think the private messaging should have been kept but that Alamy should have expelled the transgressors from the forums.

Allan

8 hours ago, Keith Douglas said:

I'm glad to see that the Cambridge meetups are still well attended, and I still hope that one of them might coincide with one of my visits to Cambridge.

Hi John

Keith

[Apologies to the Cambridge folks for hijacking your thread]

Good idea Keith but it would be better to start a new thread with the heading including "Group meet up in Lancashire/Cumbria".

That way people would find you and your idea cos they ain't going to find the idea in a thread headed Cambridge..........

All the best.

Allan

2 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

Good idea Keith but it would be better to start a new thread with the heading including "Group meet up in Lancashire/Cumbria".

That way people would find you and your idea cos they ain't going to find the idea in a thread headed Cambridge..........

All the best.

Allan

Yes indeed, that's what I will do. I'd just like to find one or two other people first to get things off the ground, so this was just a bit opportunistic.

It would have been good to have John on board with it as he was  in the right location and showed an interest in the idea of an Alamy group meet. I'll keep looking but not having the messaging facility makes it harder.

15 hours ago, Keith Douglas said:

Yes indeed, that's what I will do. I'd just like to find one or two other people first to get things off the ground, so this was just a bit opportunistic.

It would have been good to have John on board with it as he was  in the right location and showed an interest in the idea of an Alamy group meet. I'll keep looking but not having the messaging facility makes it harder.

All the best Keith.:)

We will keep you in the Cambridge loop (email list) just in case you can make it to one of our meetings.

Well you are one of our founding members when it comes down to it.:)

Allan

16 hours ago, Keith Douglas said:

Hi Keith - I found your email in about 5 seconds on a google search as you have it on the front page of your website so you don't really need to worry about extra spam publishing it here. Or just point people to your website and get them to use the contact form initially. Extra traffic to your website won't hurt. I think it works better if one person coordinates everything through email anyway. Allan appears to have taken on that role for the Cambs meetings. 

53 minutes ago, MDM said:

Hi Keith - I found your email in about 5 seconds on a google search as you have it on the front page of your website so you don't really need to worry about extra spam publishing it here. Or just point people to your website and get them to use the contact form initially. Extra traffic to your website won't hurt. I think it works better if one person coordinates everything through email anyway. Allan appears to have taken on that role for the Cambs meetings. 

If I remember right I arranged the first, after a bit of too-ing and fro-ing, and I think every meeting since then. At the first meeting there were only the four original founding members and it was a bit of a job to get a time/date/place to suit all. Now it is much easier to get a quorum out of the sixteen or seventeen members we have now.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Allan

1 hour ago, Ed Rooney said:

Are people who used to live in Oxford allowed to attend semi-official meetings in Cambridge?  :unsure:

You would always be welcome Ed!

Very enjoyable meeting the other day - great pleasure to meet more Alamy contributors!

Kumar

3 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

Are people who used to live in Oxford allowed to attend semi-official meetings in Cambridge?  :unsure:

Agree wholeheartedly with Kumar. You would be very welcome Edo.:)

In fact we have invited people from Alamy to come along and some of them may live in or near to Oxford.;)

Allan

13 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

Agree wholeheartedly with Kumar. You would be very welcome Edo.:)

In fact we have invited people from Alamy to come along and some of them may live in or near to Oxford.;)

Allan

:D

Archived