help please with ID of three wheeled cart buggy in front of aircraft if poss

First prize to wim....and that was quick , I kept coming back to the servi-car which my mate had and was made by harley davidson and couldn't think of anything else..

So thanks wim, Jill & Richard  and green pointy things all round..

All thanks to Google Images!

It may have helped that I actually know what a Servi-Car is: not a golf car. Nor is this scooter some sort of backwards HD  ;-)

(Mine was not a HD, but half of this: I didn't have the sidecar.)

wim

Having never seen one of these things in use, and being totally NOT handy, I have no good guess what they do with these carts. Like photographers, the military usually lugs too much equipment. Can't you just see a WW2 airborne unit parachuting these things down.

All thanks to Google Images!

It may have helped that I actually know what a Servi-Car is: not a golf car. Nor is this scooter some sort of backwards HD  ;-)

(Mine was not a HD, but half of this: I didn't have the sidecar.)

wim

Would that have been a M20 BSA ??.

my ride is a bit more modern.. HD heritage softail 95 ci, but my mate still rides a 1941 HD wl 750 0n a regular basis .. and I have my1975 yamaha xl 650 hardtail chopper complete with sprung seat and 21" apehangers sitting in my workshop..( must get it back on the road and ride it...before I can't  ;) )

The Airborne looks different, but you're right that the Cushman was the heaviest and clumsiest of them all. The British one (name escapes me at this moment) and the Italians are works of art. 

This one is a  Package-Kar from the 40-ies. Model #39.

-My paratroopers are not motorized, nor have they ever been parachuted ;-)

wim

edit:

Steve, that's correct. Still miss it.

I am not sure what the plane in the background is until I have looked through my images with the name boards... but the image was taken at  Goodwood Aerodrome, westhampnett..

Looks like De Havilland Beavers in the background. Am I right? May I ask where the photo was taken?

Cheers

John

Archived