Going to Disney with the kids

Hi All

Does anyone have any experience with "kids at Disney" photos? Do they sell? We are going in a few weeks and the big existential question is do I take the big camera and shoot stock or do I just kick back and take family pictures with the little snappy Canon. If there is a good market for these photos then I don't mind having the SLR kit with me, but if they are photos that license rarely then its a job for the little camera. Anyone with any experience in sales of Disney pictures?

Colin

"Professional photographers with professional cameras or recording equipment, who are visiting the Disneyland Resort with the intent to take photographs or recordings of people, Disneyland Resort properties, or icons for professional purposes must request permission and make prior arrangements with appropriate Disneyland Resort representatives. Permission for any recordings or broadcasts on the premises are within the sole discretion of Disney."

"Photography for commercial purposes" is on their list of prohibited activities.  On other lists I've seen photos of Disney properties being unacceptable for commercial or editorial use.

Don't mess with the Mouse!

I shoot stock everywhere... but I've never photographed at a Disney property.

Kids in the hotel pool, playing mini golf, other normal locations you bet I exploit my children by shooting stock of them :D

Back in 2000, I was invited to come on the first ever Disney photo press tour, it took place at the Orlando, FL location.  The chief Disney photographer ran the tour and he said that he convinced the corporate suits to relax the photo rules.  Those relaxed rules may have been re-tightened since, but we were allowed to shoot whatever we wanted for stock and they even hired model “families” for some set up shoots.  I was shooting film then and have never scanned the photos for Alamy....maybe when they are more dated, they will have some value.   One of the highlights of that trip was meeting the renowned American photojournalist, Eddie Adams, who was among the photographers invited.  Sadly he passed away a few years later.

Archived