So it happened, hard to believe - last sale is $3,29 through distributor, gives me $0,99.

It's less than 1 (one) dollar... Royalty Free license, here, on Alamy, not on microstock...

Disappointed, confused, shocked,... Find no words seeing what's going on...

:wacko:

42 minutes ago, Arletta said:

So it happened, hard to believe - last sale is $3,29 through distributor, gives me $0,99.

It's less than 1 (one) dollar... Royalty Free license, here, on Alamy, not on microstock...

Hi Arletta,

How are you :).

Yes this is one low sale. But it is not an reflection of the state of Alamy. Look at the whole thing.... are you always having those low sales? When i look at myself and other in the forum we also receive 20USD, 50USD, 100USD and more. More sales will come for much higher ;).

Mirco

1 hour ago, Arletta said:

I fully understand your frustration. 

- I am turning most of my efforts in another direction.

Mirco, the problem is that the cheaper and cheaper sales are coming more and more often. That's worrying. And now I got the bottom level!

I hardly find it motivating to work on and upload new work. I'll pay more for the energy while postprocessing, keywording and uploading new batch of files + costs of production/ travel, than I earn... This is a serious problem. I don't want to be forced to look for a day job to cover my costs of selling with stock, there is no fun at all, is there?

8 minutes ago, Thyrsis said:

Sale just in for $2.68.   

Usage is shown as 'Novel Use Scheme2'

As we have been opted out of Novel Use since 2007 this should not be possible!

I started a thread about this a few weeks ago. I too had a NU Scheme 2 sale. I have never be part of it.

I queried Alamy who said that my image had been selected in error for a NU project.

Gen

7 minutes ago, gvallee said:

I started a thread about this a few weeks ago. I too had a NU Scheme 2 sale. I have never be part of it.

I queried Alamy who said that my image had been selected in error for a NU project.

Gen

What did Alamy do about it? 

1 minute ago, Arletta said:

To complete the weird sales day, just got another, PU sale of this snow background - D06RKW. You don't tell me it's for a wall print! :o

It's not your lucky day today Arletta! I sympathise.

As long as there's a few $100+, I don't mind the micro payments. When those big licenses start disappearing then I'll be worried.

Didn't a contributor on here disclose a few weeks ago about a $1300 license? These are just extremes of the bell curve.

p.s You've got some beautiful work on POD, Arletta.

7 minutes ago, Brasilnut said:

As long as there's a few $100+, I don't mind the micro payments. When those big licenses start disappearing then I'll be worried.

Didn't a contributor on here disclose a few weeks ago about a $1300 license? These are just extremes of the bell curve.

p.s You've got some beautiful work on POD, Arletta.

In this month there where additionally to the 1300 license also a 4800 USD,  a 1600 USD, 950 USD and a 1400USD license reported. Until my last activity i got regular 150+ sales. Like mister Brasilnut says, those small payments are additional. :)

1 hour ago, Brasilnut said:

As long as there's a few $100+, I don't mind the micro payments.

I accept that fees vary wildly, we've had recent sales anything from $9 to $90.

What I am not happy about is Alamy licensing an image of ours under a scheme we have opted out of.

4 hours ago, gvallee said:

Nothing of course. They said images selected in error had been withdrawn from the NU project.

Just had a response from Alamy - probably a 'cut and paste' reply as they called me Genevieve!!

Apparently Alamy realised their error and withdrew the images but our image had already been used so they billed it as NU. 

I wonder how many other contributors have lost out because of this. Alamy certainly hasn't!

What I am not happy about is Alamy licensing an image of ours under a scheme we have opted out of.

7. Alamy’s obligations

7.1. Alamy agrees to use its reasonable endeavours to grant licences as you have requested. However if Alamy (or one of its Distributors) sells an Image outside the terms specified by you it shall not be liable for any loss.

7.2. Alamy agrees to use its reasonable commercial endeavours, utilising the System, to obtain reasonable Licence Fees.

7.3. Alamy shall act as an agent in respect of the Images.

7.4. Where you are agent for the Copyright Owner, Alamy’s contract is with you only.

------

7.1 appears to be particularly unfair.

2 minutes ago, Brasilnut said:

7. Alamy’s obligations

7.1. Alamy agrees to use its reasonable endeavours to grant licences as you have requested. However if Alamy (or one of its Distributors) sells an Image outside the terms specified by you it shall not be liable for any loss.

7.1 appears to be particularly unfair.

I agree, what's the point of opting out of price cutting schemes if this can happen anyway. 

7 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

Low distributor sales like this are frustrating, but I don't think it's fair to blame them on Alamy, who doesn't really have any control over what its distributors charge. No?

Ours wasn't a distributor sale, it was NU. (and shouldn't have been)

A distributor sale would most likely have netted more!!

2 minutes ago, Thyrsis said:

Ours wasn't a distributor sale, it was NU. (and shouldn't have been)

A distributor sale would most likely have netted more!!

Right, I was referring to what Arletta said:

"So it happened, hard to believe - last sale is $3,29 through distributor, gives me $0,99."

I've no idea what NU 2.0 is all about. Have yet to have the pleasure...

Archived