I look at images published in The Times most days. Sunday's paper seems to favour Alamy, while through the week other agencies have a greater share. Often I find a photo that is available through several agencies, so the buyer can select on price.  It drives fees down.  Alamy has no control over the market.

1 hour ago, John Mitchell said:

I've no idea what NU 2.0 is all about. Have yet to have the pleasure...

John,  I've stayed out of this one. Opt out possible in April only. Here's what Alamy says about it under the Additional Revenue options tab;

"Our sales teams are always looking for new and innovative ways to evolve our business, whether that’s with the next big idea or a tailored solution for a key client. The images in the novel use pool give them the freedom to explore these schemes, prototypes and trials, with a variety of price points and licenses.

70% of our contributors are opted in to the novel use scheme."

6 minutes ago, KevinS said:

John,  I've stayed out of this one. Opt out possible in April only. Here's what Alamy says about it under the Additional Revenue options tab;

"Our sales teams are always looking for new and innovative ways to evolve our business, whether that’s with the next big idea or a tailored solution for a key client. The images in the novel use pool give them the freedom to explore these schemes, prototypes and trials, with a variety of price points and licenses.

70% of our contributors are opted in to the novel use scheme."

I actually like the NU idea.  However, the low prices drove me out of the scheme several years ago -- i.e. I'm already opted out.

There have been some reports of decent NU sales, but not enough of them to tempt me to opt back in.

Archived