Got an email today that royalties will be paid at the end of September. :-)

I'll be able to find a use for that.

Just checked, and I got the e-mail as well.

Shall definitely come in handy. Will miss the visit from "Father Christmas", though.

1 hour ago, vpics said:

Got an email today that royalties will be paid at the end of September. :-)

Thanks for pointing that out!  Just checked and I got the email, too.  Good news: every little helps!

DACS email received here, plus another infringement payout from Pixsy. :)

• Upvote 1

Does this mean that those claiming DACS via Alamy will get a payment around the same time? Did those claiming directly used to get it in December? My last one from Alamy was on the 19th December 2016.

Geoff.

3 minutes ago, GS-Images said:

Does this mean that those claiming DACS via Alamy will get a payment around the same time? Did those claiming directly used to get it in December? My last one from Alamy was on the 19th December 2016.

Geoff.

Yes, direct claimants were paid in December, very handy just before Christmas!

John.

1 hour ago, Stokie said:

Yes, direct claimants were paid in December, very handy just before Christmas!

John.

Thanks John. I have a flurry of family birthdays that are all near the end of the year, so any time now would be good for me.  :)  Not that I'll be getting much but I'll wait and see.

Geoff.

1 hour ago, GS-Images said:

Geoff.

I got mine direct on the 6th. So Alamy don't make you wait for it to "clear" then.

46 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

I got mine direct on the 6th. So Alamy don't make you wait for it to "clear" then.

I just checked, and the cleared date is also the 19th.

Geoff.

Reporting direct to DACS, my payment came through on Dec 6th, too.

8 hours ago, losdemas said:

Reporting direct to DACS, my payment came through on Dec 6th, too.

Same here, on Dec. 5th actually. Time zone difference most likely.

Edited by John Mitchell

Has anyone who filed their claim themselves received payment yet? The end of September looms...

Hey guys, don't blame me. I'm also waiting ... anxiously. :unsure:

16 minutes ago, vpics said:

Hey guys, don't blame me. I'm also waiting ... anxiously. :unsure:

It's obviously all your fault. B)

Just got a DACS email. Yay! It's on its way. 

"I am delighted to let you know that you will receive your Payback royalty payment direct into your bank account within the next five working days, along with your royalty statement by post.

Please allow five working days to receive your payment and statement. If it hasn’t arrived by Friday 6 October please get in touch with us."

:)

Edited by vpics

Yeah.... although this bit doesn't sound quite as good.

"Although DACS received the majority share of the monies available, you may notice a proportional decrease in your overall royalty payment. This is because the overall monies available this year to visual artists from the CLA has reduced from previous years. Also, other visual representative organisations were eligible for a share of the monies this year. However, every claimant is still guaranteed a minimum royalty of £25. "

Yeah, I know. But I've gone up a band, so, hopefully, it'll be like last year.

I got the e-mail as well. Hadn't noticed the bit about a possible decrease. I stayed in the same band, so I guess it will affect me.

Unfortunately there are many more hands grabbing a share now - agencies rather than creators want to muscle in. And since they have the usage data and can withhold it from us we are basically stuffed. 

Just another turn of the screw.....

8 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

Unfortunately there are many more hands grabbing a share now - agencies rather than creators want to muscle in. And since they have the usage data and can withhold it from us we are basically stuffed. 

Just another turn of the screw.....

Another good argument for RM. At least we get some usage data.

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

Another good argument for RM. At least we get some usage data.

But not the ISBN numbers that we will increasingly need, year on year, to make claims. 

It really is a loaded system that has been so tilted to favour the agencies who have this information and can withhold it to benefit themselves at our expense.

The claim system is changing every year from now on until up to 40% of the claim will be entirely dependent on having the ISBN data that agencies won't give us:angry:

And there is now a new rival to DACS which is basically a BAPLA creation for agencies ( though in theory they say that they accept claims from individuals)

http://www.picsel.org.uk

Edited by geogphotos

24 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

But not the ISBN numbers that we will increasingly need, year on year, to make claims. 

It really is a loaded system that has been so tilted to favour the agencies who have this information and can withhold it to benefit themselves at our expense.

The claim system is changing every year from now on until up to 40% of the claim will be entirely dependent on having the ISBN data that agencies won't give us:angry:

And there is now a new rival to DACS which is basically a BAPLA creation for agencies ( though in theory they say that they accept claims from individuals)

http://www.picsel.org.uk

Right. I forgot about the increasing importance ISBN's. Have been able to dig up very few myself.

The writing may be on the wall when it comes to filing claims on our own.