ann

Stockimo Discussion Area on Alamy Forum

A separate Stockimo Discussion Area on the Alamy forum would be helpful.

Could either be in addition to the current 3 Alamy Discussion Areas, or a separate Category.

- Ann

• Upvote 10

+1. It would be useful. Also a detailed guide for submission. I just lost 20 photos due to app crash  <_<

• Upvote 2

+1 Ann have a green one from me.

I suggested a seperate Stockimo forum in another thread on "Ask the Forum" and it was locked down. Can't see why.

Allan

• Upvote 2

Sounds like a good idea Ann! I'm new to the iphone (just got it this week as I was in the market for a new phone anyway.) I have a lot of questions about how stockimo works. My first image was accepted, but the other handful since have been rejected. It's so different from shooting "real" stock. LOL! But I am having fun! I think it is making me rethink the way I shoot everything!

• Upvote 2

Stockimo editing leaves a lot to be desired. I got 3 selects out of 26 very good images submitted.

I just got the Stockimo email explaining some of the reasons for rejection. I'm assuming mine were due to them being too editorial in style.

I just got the Stockimo email explaining some of the reasons for rejection. I'm assuming mine were due to them being too editorial in style.

I got some email yesterday explaining that some of my images had been rejected because I entered the number of people and other info wrong. So I re-submitted one of my rejects and it was rejected again. Go figure.

Edited by fotoDogue
  • Upvote 1

I submitted 1 image and it was rejected.

It's really the only iPhone marketable photo I have.

I've made a lot of sales from it on my own site;mainly prints.

No reason given.

Don't know if I am going to invest time into this. I'm in the midst of negotiating a six figure ad buyout sale...a nationwide exhibit and some other mighty fun photo biz ventures so...maybe if I just happen to see something Stockimo like I'll pull out my iPhone but to be honest...in my big city sometimes  that can be pretty dangerous.

Saw a woman get her phone snatched out of her hand the other day in broad daylight.

I usually just keep mine on vibrate and don't pull it out unless I'm in a business and make sure no one is watching me.

Linda

Edited by Linda
  • Upvote 1

Morning Alamy!

Hope you all had a good Easter!

Any progress on the suggestion for a separate forum discussion area for Stockimo yet?

Kumar

I'm sorry, wrong thread. 

Edited by Ed Rooney

DFMMA2.jpg

Edit - Not having a go at Ed. It just seems that this is the thread that Alamy forgot... :)

Edited by Alex Todd

Even though Stockimo is from Alamy, it is a different brand so for now at least, it won't have it's own section on the Alamy forum.

Cheers

Alamy