DOG and TREE IDs Please

Allan Bell

visitor-with-dog-at-wings-and-wheels-P81K9X.jpg

Not sure but thought this might be Husky.

entwined-multiple-tree-trunks-P6HCW0.jpg

While I am here could anyone ID this tree please. It appears to have multiple trunk which intertwine as they grow.

Allan

3 hours ago, Janet said:

Hi Allan,

Dog could be an Alaskan Malamute as they look similar to the Husky, sorry know nothing about trees

Janet

28 minutes ago, Jill Morgan said:

Janet is right, it is an Alaskan Malamute.  They are bigger and heavier than the Siberian Husky.  

Jill

Thank you very much Janet and Jill your replies are much appreciated.

Allan

16 hours ago, aphperspective said:

Could be wrong but the tree looks like an old clematis.

Andy

15 hours ago, Robert Convery said:

Could be Old Mans Beard / Clematis growing up an Oak tree, but just speculating - not an expert.

9 hours ago, Jill Morgan said:

There are some Carolina Oaks that grow like that.

Jill

Thank you for your input. I will investigate all three soon.

Allan

On 7/11/2018 at 11:06, Allan Bell said:

visitor-with-dog-at-wings-and-wheels-P81K9X.jpg

Not sure but thought this might be Husky.

entwined-multiple-tree-trunks-P6HCW0.jpg

While I am here could anyone ID this tree please. It appears to have multiple trunk which intertwine as they grow.

Allan

Can't help with that one, Allan.  Not without seeing the leaves in greater detail.

The tree is going to be difficult - too many different types can grow like that.  As well as clematis I have seen buddleia do it.  Your best bet, if it is possible, is to go back and get some close-ups of leaves stems and flowers/seeds.  If you are taking pictures of a plant you cannot identify it is always worth taking a few close up reference shots to help with identification of the main pictures (apologies if that sounds lecturing - it is what I always forget to do myself lol)

15 hours ago, Starsphinx said:

The tree is going to be difficult - too many different types can grow like that.  As well as clematis I have seen buddleia do it.  Your best bet, if it is possible, is to go back and get some close-ups of leaves stems and flowers/seeds.  If you are taking pictures of a plant you cannot identify it is always worth taking a few close up reference shots to help with identification of the main pictures (apologies if that sounds lecturing - it is what I always forget to do myself lol)

Thank you and yes I normally do what you are suggesting but there is so much intertwined in there it is difficult to sort the chaff from the wheat.

On 12/07/2018 at 11:23, John Richmond said:

Can't help with that one, Allan.  Not without seeing the leaves in greater detail.

Thanks John. It looks like I am going to have to go back and get my hands dirty sorting out which leaves go with the tree.

Allan

9 minutes ago, Robert Convery said:

If no one can give an ID, I wonder how much value it has as a stock photo.

I wonder too.:blink:

Allan

• 2 weeks later...

I'm from Louisiana and I see this particular tree a lot. Sometimes, it is an overgrown poison oak vine :( but this looks familiar. If you have access to that location again, get closer shots of that tree for better photos. Shallow depth of field really makes this plant shine!

Found it!  The type of tree it is in the above images.

It is a Ficus carica or Common fig. Adriatic form that does not require fertilising by a wasp that cannot survive our climate, yet.

Another name is Brown turkey.

Allan

Archived