Allan Bell

DOG and TREE IDs Please

Recommended Posts

visitor-with-dog-at-wings-and-wheels-P81K9X.jpg

 

 

Not sure but thought this might be Husky.

 

 

entwined-multiple-tree-trunks-P6HCW0.jpg

 

 

While I am here could anyone ID this tree please. It appears to have multiple trunk which intertwine as they grow.

 

Allan

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Allan,

Dog could be an Alaskan Malamute as they look similar to the Husky, sorry know nothing about trees

Janet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Janet is right, it is an Alaskan Malamute.  They are bigger and heavier than the Siberian Husky.  

 

Jill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Janet said:

Hi Allan,

Dog could be an Alaskan Malamute as they look similar to the Husky, sorry know nothing about trees

Janet

 

28 minutes ago, Jill Morgan said:

Janet is right, it is an Alaskan Malamute.  They are bigger and heavier than the Siberian Husky.  

 

Jill

 

Thank you very much Janet and Jill your replies are much appreciated.

 

Allan

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Now if anyone can identify the tree I will have a full set.:)

 

Allan

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could be wrong but the tree looks like an old clematis.

Andy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could be Old Mans Beard / Clematis growing up an Oak tree, but just speculating - not an expert.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are some Carolina Oaks that grow like that.

 

Jill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, aphperspective said:

Could be wrong but the tree looks like an old clematis.

Andy

 

15 hours ago, Robert Convery said:

Could be Old Mans Beard / Clematis growing up an Oak tree, but just speculating - not an expert.

 

9 hours ago, Jill Morgan said:

There are some Carolina Oaks that grow like that.

 

Jill

 

Thank you for your input. I will investigate all three soon.

 

Allan

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2018 at 11:06, Allan Bell said:

visitor-with-dog-at-wings-and-wheels-P81K9X.jpg

 

 

Not sure but thought this might be Husky.

 

 

entwined-multiple-tree-trunks-P6HCW0.jpg

 

 

While I am here could anyone ID this tree please. It appears to have multiple trunk which intertwine as they grow.

 

Allan

 

 

 

Can't help with that one, Allan.  Not without seeing the leaves in greater detail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The tree is going to be difficult - too many different types can grow like that.  As well as clematis I have seen buddleia do it.  Your best bet, if it is possible, is to go back and get some close-ups of leaves stems and flowers/seeds.  If you are taking pictures of a plant you cannot identify it is always worth taking a few close up reference shots to help with identification of the main pictures (apologies if that sounds lecturing - it is what I always forget to do myself lol)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Starsphinx said:

The tree is going to be difficult - too many different types can grow like that.  As well as clematis I have seen buddleia do it.  Your best bet, if it is possible, is to go back and get some close-ups of leaves stems and flowers/seeds.  If you are taking pictures of a plant you cannot identify it is always worth taking a few close up reference shots to help with identification of the main pictures (apologies if that sounds lecturing - it is what I always forget to do myself lol)

 

 

Thank you and yes I normally do what you are suggesting but there is so much intertwined in there it is difficult to sort the chaff from the wheat.

 

On 12/07/2018 at 11:23, John Richmond said:

Can't help with that one, Allan.  Not without seeing the leaves in greater detail.

 

Thanks John. It looks like I am going to have to go back and get my hands dirty sorting out which leaves go with the tree.

 

Allan

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If no one can give an ID, I wonder how much value it has as a stock photo.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Robert Convery said:

If no one can give an ID, I wonder how much value it has as a stock photo.

 

 

 

I wonder too.:blink:

 

Allan

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a market for people doing articles about unidentified things or how not to take pictures of something you want to identify? :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Then again it is said that anything and everything can sell on Alamy.

 

Allan

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm from Louisiana and I see this particular tree a lot. Sometimes, it is an overgrown poison oak vine :( but this looks familiar. If you have access to that location again, get closer shots of that tree for better photos. Shallow depth of field really makes this plant shine!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Found it!  The type of tree it is in the above images.

 

It is a Ficus carica or Common fig. Adriatic form that does not require fertilising by a wasp that cannot survive our climate, yet.

 

Another name is Brown turkey.

 

Allan

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now