Hi

I 'm new on this forum and I m italian.

Someone know if Alamy is able to give accreditation/ pass at their photographer contributor for some concert or event?

If is it possible how can I ask for them?

Thanks

1 hour ago, phomme said:

If needed alamy can give you accreditation, simply email them at  contributors@alamy.com

Alamy News can help you apply for accreditation.....they can't give it  to you......
And they'll only suport photographers who they feel can produce the goods..i.e. have a proven track record from past events/activities

km

16 minutes ago, RedSnapper said:

Alamy News can help you apply for accreditation.....they can't give it  to you......
And they'll only suport photographers who they feel can produce the goods..i.e. have a proven track record from past events/activities

km

Indeed and the photographer has to be able to offer the event organiser something useful in return, usually coverage in credible media.

It is best to contact the show producers first for photo accreditation guidelines, and don't show up in the pit row with a tripod, and expect to shoot the entire concert. 

Thanks. Wich is the different between Anamy  and live news? Some days ago I've already written to contributors@alamy.com and they replied me that it's not possible to give some pass. I can try to ask it to news@alamy

On 8/5/2018 at 16:55, vpics said:

If the event is newsworthy, I'd go via the Live News team - news@alamy.com

Thanks. Wich is the different between Anamy  and live news? Some days ago I've already written to contributors@alamy.com and they replied me that it's not possible to give some pass. I can try to ask it to news@alamy

Just now, Francesco75 said:

9 minutes ago, Francesco75 said:

No, that would be downright stupid. You have got the answer from Alamy - the News section is, of course, the same business. Doing so would only damage your reputation. What you have to do is, like suggested by others above, to show your worth in stock uploads and news uploads (without accreditation) - if you have access to the news upload, that is.

5 hours ago, Niels Quist said:

No, that would be downright stupid. You have got the answer from Alamy - the News section is, of course, the same business. Doing so would only damage your reputation. What you have to do is, like suggested by others above, to show your worth in stock uploads and news uploads (without accreditation) - if you have access to the news upload, that is.

I agree, I'm afraid Francesco. The best way to gain some 'points' would be to go and shoot pictures and get them up on the system. Not every event needs accreditation to make pictures at (I shoot events in London and have never had reason to ask for accreditation) so perhaps you'll be better starting to populate your collection with general events and then, after a period, ask them again. You can't expect them to lend their name to an unknown.

I have a little sympathy with the OP.  I remember when I was offered a staff photographer job with a news agency and turned it down (a fair choice give they. Made most of their photographers redundant shortly therefater) to freelance for them.  I “expected” notification of events accreditation etc.  I found out the hard way of the slog to get a national press card and even harder slog to find out about events let alone get accreditation.  I still send off emails to event organisers ranging from “The Army in London” to fashion pr’s and never get a reply.  Although I was “chuffed” recently when I applied to a music festival, offering to get  an assignment letter only to get a very nice email from the promoter saying “no need for a letter, I know your published work well and you would be most welcome” together with the requested press pass.  But, it has taken a few years to get there....

There are many reasons why Live News were not able to help you obtain a pass:

Alamy may have already arranged for another photographer to be there.

Alamy can’t risk their brand reputation by using a photographer with no history of submitting to Live News.

Assuming you asked for a specific event, it may be something they don’t want covered.

Alamy are not able to issue a ‘get me into any event’ press pass, only help you with specific events one at a time.

Archived